92 teg went through puddle wont start!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaElite

damm man well here we go it was raining hard today in my hom town and i was argueing with my g/f and i went through like a 3 foot puddle!!! then the car died and when i tried starten her the intake just make a thumo noise..am i screwed? any ideas? thanks jeremy

Yes...you are indeed screwed.

The motor is most likely hydrolocked; if that's the case it's probably destroyed. You'll need a new engine, or an engine rebuild, depending on the extent of the damage.

a 3ft deep puddle?? damn, but yeah sounds like its locked...it doesnt crank over at all? do you have a cold air intake?

damm well im going to try ta rebuil her..the only way ill know now is if i crack her open..does anyone have any ideas for a rebuild i have $500 to spend..thanks for the input guys...jeremy

no no no if its hydro locked you may not have to rebuild just have to get the water out of the cylinders it not that hard to do.... just pull all the plugs out and turn the engine over by hand and it will pump just about all the water out of the cylinders... get some new plugs put them in and try to get it started... their is a good chance that you broke something but then again you might get luckey

strip the car, take it to a vacant lot, pour lots of gasoline on it, light it on fire, go home and call it in stolen, cash the insurance check and enjoy rebuilding with plent of extra money

you would be soooooo lucky if you did not bend a rod or punch a hole in the block. i would not risk cranking that thing over even with the plugs out. if you did bend a rod and you crank it over you might spin a bearing or 2 or 3 or 4. do the sensible thing and tear it apart. inspect the rods, all bearings, the block itself.

not to your self don't drive through puddles or rain or use short ram intake

Back