92 zc into 88 HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXratedR

I am helping a friend do a ZC swap into his 88 CRX HF. We put the motor in and started connecting the wire harness plugs. When I came to the injectors and dizzy, it had different plugs; gray plugs rather than white plugs. I looked above the header and noticed it was a 92. I remember that the 88-91 ZCs bolt right in. This was a 92 and had different plugs and intake manifolds and stuff.

What do I need to make this run? We got a 89 Integra ECU already. Will a 89 Integra dizzy be needed? Any kinda wiring I need to perform? What about the vacuum lines? The ones that come off the purge valve and MAP sensor on the firewall. Can I just use the 92 ZC throttle body and leave the top MAP sensor disconnected? Is there any other TB I can use other than the 91 Si? I was at the junk yard and saw the 88 Accord throttle bodies and look as if they would fit. Just a thought. Is there anything else I missed or might need? Thanks for any help.

This swap is a headache but he got the motor for cheap.

Originally posted by CRXratedR@Aug 14 2004, 01:50 PM
I am helping a friend do a ZC swap into his 88 CRX HF. We put the motor in and started connecting the wire harness plugs. When I came to the injectors and dizzy, it had different plugs; gray plugs rather than white plugs. I looked above the header and noticed it was a 92. I remember that the 88-91 ZCs bolt right in. This was a 92 and had different plugs and intake manifolds and stuff.

What do I need to make this run? We got a 89 Integra ECU already. Will a 89 Integra dizzy be needed? Any kinda wiring I need to perform? What about the vacuum lines? The ones that come off the purge valve and MAP sensor on the firewall. Can I just use the 92 ZC throttle body and leave the top MAP sensor disconnected? Is there any other TB I can use other than the 91 Si? I was at the junk yard and saw the 88 Accord throttle bodies and look as if they would fit. Just a thought. Is there anything else I missed or might need? Thanks for any help.

This swap is a headache but he got the motor for cheap.
[post=376854]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay here we go...call me god man cus I know everything you need to know. Okay first off...Use the Zc map sensor...the firewall mounted tb is worthless now...another thing...get a 88-89 integra distributor...then get a 88-89 integra cam angle sensor, and you will need to remove the valve cover and pop out the plug that is in the exhaust side cam(install the cam angle sensor here). Okay next...the thermostat sensor(it activates the fans) is not on the back of the block on that model ZC...instead it is located on the thermostat housing(above the tranny passenger side). Okay another thing when u do hook up the cam angle sensor and wire it in...PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY!!! USE SHIELDED WIRE...its sooo freaking important you do this...and ground that mo fo otherwise your gonna get a code 9. Check this forum out if you want extra ZC help...they are very informed: http://www.thezcr.com/forums/index.php?s=

Your almost there now bro...dont give at this point! Good luck brotha!

-Steve

thanks.. that will help him out a lot..

a couple of days ago, we tried starting it but it wont.. it cranks.. but nothing.. we used the ZC injectors with plugs and wired it to the harness.. i dont know if thats the proper way to do it but it seem logical.. there was also a little bit of gas coming out from the fuel pressure regulator (from the hose that goes to the firewall).. my friend thinks its the injectors (its plugged up and isnt spraying).. he took out an injector and hard-wired it to the ecu.. we cranked but there wasnt any fuel spraying from the injector.. am i suppose to use 88-91 Si injectors? we have the stock HF ones, would that work? or is it some wiring problem? he's using a 88 integra ecu and hf dizzy.. it probably wont start because i need what you told me.. thanks again..

Back