92CX Swap In progress: Drive (Crank) Pully Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crashoverideX

I am in the process of swaping in a JDM D15B inot my 92 CX. I am currenlty tearing down the engine to replace the gaskets, timing belt etc... I have run into a snag, I can't get the Drive Pully Bolt off.
I searched the threads, which led me to buying the SJ tool kit for removing the bolt. Even with that, I can't budge the thing. Currently I am using a breaker bar, with a 4ft extension on it.
(I don't have an Impact gun, or an air compressor large enough to drive one)

Also, the current Drive pully has 3 grooved sections (1 for ALT, 1 for AC & 1 for PS). I am not installing AC or PS as the car is not equiped for either. Question is:
Can I use the Drive pully from my USDM D15B8 instead. It only has 2 grooved sections, which will make it a little bit lighter?

I don't want to go with an aftermarket Drive Pully as I understand there may be harmonic balancing issues.

Any suggestions are greatly apreciated.

you say you can't remove the bolt???
get an impact gun on it, if you destroy the threads you won't be able to get it out, bring the engine to a shop or somewhere so they can get it off for you, if you mess up the threads or anythign just under that bolt then you will have a junk crankshaft.
as far as the pulley, you should be good.

Update: I was able to get the bolt off... Breaker bar w/6ft extension finally loosened it.

Thanks for the pully info. I know it is not a huge weight differnce losing 1 grooved belst section, but hey every little bit helps

just make sure that the timing marks on the pulley are in the same position, and of course make sure the pulley actually fits and lines up with where the belts are supposed to go.
But like I said, it should work.

Back