93 accord 358K miles engine swap or buy new?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sliceorcutt

I got eyestrain learning about engines and swaps...but for a newbie, here goes...

1) After two cracked heads, whats better option A) swap out old engine for newer or B) replace car?
No damage history...everything stock....I commute--520 mi/week
I see I can use any F or H series and its best to stick w/ OBD1...not concerned about power improvements--rather have any mpg increase...
Your thoughts/recommendations?
Thanks in advance...

Non-VTEC prelude motor. H23 I believe. I believe it has a good 5th gear for hwy driving and will still have enough torque to get good MPG in your Accord.

But new cars can be cheap '09 models but you can swap a motor in your Accord and not have a payment. Thats why I still have my hatch....no payments and I enjoy driving...(most accelerating and cornering lol)

I was thinking about that too--no payment. Thats what draws me to the swap... but... safety enhancements seem to go the payment route.
I also find newer gas engines aren't getting 30 mpg but closer to 25...

i say do an h22 swap it easy plus it gets 30 mpg city i think but stick with obd1

i say rebuild the one you have. but have it done right. valve job, clean out the radiator at a radiator shop, macine the block,replace pistons, piston rings, connecting rods, all crank bearings, polish or turn the crank, new oil and water pumps, new gaskets and seals, new core plugs, new timing belt and tensioner. new plugs and wires. new fan switch and thermostat. and all new hoses. this is the best way to go for your DD in my opinion. i do this regularly for my customers and i do this on my engines when they need it

Back