1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Accord Engine Build info

Discussion in 'Accord' started by morepowerjoe, Jul 18, 2009.

1. morepowerjoe

morepowerjoe New Member

Whats up guys? I just got my first Honda. It's a 1993 Accord EX 2dr. I got it cheap with a blown engine. Luckily I had a wrecked 92 lx that I got for free that I had been saving. So I put the 92 lx block in my 93 ex and now have the old block to tear down and play with. I only have experience with american engines and need to be pointed in the right directions for internal performance. Pistons, cams, ect. Would increasing the compression be a good start? One thing I don't want is a lot of computer problems. Thanks for any help.

Joseph

2. morepowerjoe

morepowerjoe New Member

Thanks for all the great responses guys.

3. buttered corn

buttered corn New Member

i'd swap it out for a H22 or H23.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You didn't really give us a lot to go off of (horsepower goals, budget, n/a or boost, etc.). To answer your question though, yes, upping the compression will result in more power. What do you mean by "computer problems" though? If you do anything to an engine like this besides bolt-ons, then you probably need to have it tuned. Is that what you're trying to avoid?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted