1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 ACURA VIGOR 2.5 I5 INTO 90 CIV

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Tapenoon, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Tapenoon

Tapenoon Junior Member

I am working on a drag project and i have a 1990 Civ DX hatch and its stripped and ready for a motor. I know this swap is very rare and very difficult but im going 2 spend much time it becuase its not a daily driver im going 2 fabricate my own mounts etc. If anyone has any tips or facts on this swap plz help. I got the motor from the bone yard and resealed it and put in JE pistons and its a new running motor but it has 2 b mounts longitudally so it will b quite difficult. It was dynoed in at 169 whp and 160 ft/lbs torque. PLZ PLZ HELP.. With the engine mounted this way it gives a perfect 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, perf for FWD.

2. Tapenoon

Tapenoon Junior Member

Also Where can i find other add ons to this motor im having a hard time finding anything...im afraid all i will have is a short ram 75 shot and a str8 pipe w/ slicks.. any idea where 2 get parts?

3. racingtopher

racingtopher Member

Don't think you will find much for a Vigor, just because it was not out for very long 92-95 i believe (32,000 made).
    Plus it's a 2.5, 5 cylinder.

try this site to find stuff http://pw2.netcom.com/~gentile/Vigor/index.htm

good luck with ths swap though, sounds like you will have to fabriacte more then just the mounts.

4. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Unless your ballin like Bill Gates and you have some sort of Vigor fetish abort your mission.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted