93 B18A into 94 civic DX hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

son978

Hi, I just bought a 94 DX hatchback for a really cheap price. My friend is giving me his 93 B18A motor. As far as I know, it's an OBD1 with cable tranny. Me and my boy will be doing this swap but this will be our first time so I just wanted to make sure what I really do need. Not sure of the other threads I've been reading about on this swap. So far I have the 93 b18a engine, 94 LS tranny, I'm unsure if I need a 94-95 manifold and throttle body. I'm not sure if I should get the 90-93 axles or the 94-up axles. I have the 93 intermediate shaft, so should I stick to 90-93 axles? From reading some of the threads, I do need an OBD1 LS distributor. which alternator would I need? I would need B serie shift linkage. would it be ok for me to run my civic ECU for a little bit? And for the mounts, is it ok to use civics and integra mounts. and another thing, what kind of problems would I run into, doing this swap. Thanks for any of the helps I can get.

either axle setup will work, so long as you have matching shafts & halfshaft.

(ie, cant use a DC halfshaft with DA axles, obviously)

any b series alternator

yes on the odb1 ls dizzy

yes on b series linkage

upper engine mount can be re-used (if its the billet alum one)

upper tranny mount can be re-used

get a 94+ integra rear tranny T mount

tranny toruqe mount and engine torque/ac mount use the outers from the stock motor and the brackets from a 94+ integra

I used the obd0 intake mani, but an obd1 throttle body
One thing I had to extend (using the obd0 intake manifold) was the wire for the IAT sensor.

Also I swapped to a different water neck thermostat housing (the one with the sensors on it so i wouldnt have to extend those wires, because they are on the back of the block if you dont swap the wires around.

yes you can use your civic ecu for now

dont use the DA Integra exhaust A pipe, its too long and will push your exhaust way back, if you can even get it together, find one from a DC Integra.

You also need 94+ Integra radiator hoses :wink:

Use your obd1 injectors, or get a resistor box

Thats all I can think of right now.

Just one thing about the injectors. Yes, you will need OBD1 injectors but I don't think you can use the ones that are on the D Series motor. Your going to have to use injectors from a 92-95 Integra.

Quoted post[/post]]
Just one thing about the injectors. Yes, you will need OBD1 injectors but I don't think you can use the ones that are on the D Series motor. Your going to have to use injectors from a 92-95 Integra.

incorrect.

they are both 240cc flow rated, and the same dimensions. they work just fine.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

incorrect.

they are both 240cc flow rated, and the same dimensions. they work just fine.
Well, I am just going by what I found out first hand. I have a B20 in my Civic and I know when I went to try out the injectors that came from the D15B7 it ran like it was on two cylinders. When I replaced them with the integra injectors it was idealing fine. I could be wrong, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, I am just going by what I found out first hand. I have a B20 in my Civic and I know when I went to try out the injectors that came from the D15B7 it ran like it was on two cylinders. When I replaced them with the integra injectors it was idealing fine. I could be wrong, so I wouldn't doubt it.

I am using the injectors from my stock d series motor with my b18 right now, they work fine.

I would assume that you might have had a couple bad injectors, pretty common.

Back