93 B18A1 into 90SI - HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

offroader

Hi guys I am new here so thanks for allowing me access.
I am in the middle of a swaw I was told would be easy by the local performance show...and well there is a bit more to it. Any help would be great...as I have learned the performance show didn't have an idea at all about this.

I have a 1990 Civic SI which the motor died on. So I purchaced a 93 Integra B18A1 motor, YS1 tranny, ECU and axel shafts out of. I have most of the wiring harnes...but it has been hackd off on the transmission side and inside the car...so it is of not much use.

I have the engine sitting in the car at the moment with Advid mounts, and tongiht I am planning to finish the shift linkages and exhaust.

I am nervous about the wiring. I think this engine being out of a 93 is ODB-1 and my car is ODB-0 correct?

Is there an easy way to use the 93 ECU and the SI wiring harness?

Any help would be apreciated.

Mark

Ive done this swap i have a 91 4 door ex i put a 93 in, your best bet is to get a 90-91 distributor, injectors, and ecu. Use the civic si harness that was in your car, its easier to hook up to everything if the motor is out of the car

Originally posted by 4drcivicb18a@Jul 31 2004, 05:40 PM
Ive done this swap i have a 91 4 door ex i put a 93 in, your best bet is to get a 90-91 distributor, injectors, and ecu. Use the civic si harness that was in your car, its easier to hook up to everything if the motor is out of the car
[post=370826]Quoted post[/post]​

So do you mean I should take all wiring off my SI motor and put it on the B18A1 adding a distributer and injectors, and ecu from a 90-91.

Questions about this: Can the distributer, injectors and ECU come from my 90 1.6L SI or do I need to find Acura ones?

Also if I do this am I actually losing performance because I am goign back to OBD-0.

Lastly is there a way to use the stock SI wiring from the shock towers back to the ECU, using the integra wiring on the engine, and integra ECU...possibly swapping some pins at the ECU harnes and adding some wires to the mess :) Thus making it OBD1 I think?

Mark

the SI injectors will work
the SI ecu will work but you might run a little lean
you need the 90-91 teg dizzy

use your SI harness everyting plugs in you just need to extend some wires to fit

I decided to use an OBD0-->ODB1 converter at the ECU end of my SI harness. So I will be using the 93 Integra Harness. This way I should be able to keep the integra fuel injectors, ecu and distrubuter.

If I have it all straight in my head I would be grafting the SI engine side of the harness onto the Integra engine and then running the extra wires back to the harness converter at the ecu.

Please comment if you feel I am right here...or way off base.
Mark

OK, Most of whatever you said isnt needed, If you want to do this the easiest way, The motor is in your car, Take off the integra wiring harness, Put the SI harness on there and just snag some integra OBD0 injectors, dizzy, and ecu. Thats all you need, Just go rob a junkyard for that shit, Pretty easy. If you use the SI harness, Then no modifications are needed to much of anything except for the things you need to change on the motor.

Originally posted by CReX123@Aug 2 2004, 09:58 AM
OK, Most of whatever you said isnt needed, If you want to do this the easiest way, The motor is in your car, Take off the integra wiring harness, Put the SI harness on there and just snag some integra OBD0 injectors, dizzy, and ecu.  Thats all you need, Just go rob a junkyard for that shit, Pretty easy.  If you use the SI harness, Then no modifications are needed to much of anything except for the things you need to change on the motor.
[post=371440]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: if you want to give yourself hell use the teg harness.....you would be fine using your injectors out of your si(or obd0 tegs) , ecu out of your car, and obd0 teg dizzy......you can go obd1, but hell a conv harness is 150....you have to convert from 1 wire to 4 wire 02.....if you go obd1 your gonna have more wiring than just a conv harness, but thats just my two cents..

Yes use the the si harness or 90-91 integra harness, the d and b injectors are the same but would use 90-91 integra injectors, dont use the si ecu i tried it and it sucks you have less rpm and your top speed is less, using anything odb1 is going to be a bitch, you have to have a 90-93 back stock motor mount, you will have to exstend the o2 sensor wire, 90-93 non-abs axels, shift linkage if you have connections to a welder just cut it and reweld yourself or pay 150 for a custom one your pick, depending on header you might have to make a piece of pipe between where the header ends and the cat- convertor, (i used a 4-1 header maybe thats why) 90-93 integra upper and lower radiator hose,if using a aftermarket header most likely ull have to remove a fan, also you def need a 90-93 integra throttle cable. email me at im2noodle4u@cs.com if need anything at anytime for help on swap

Back