93 B18A1 into 91 LX 4-Door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vikking

Today I got myself a b18a with all the trimmings.. here is what I got:

93 b18a
tranny
axles
shift linkage
obd1 ecu

I also purchased the required mounts for my car (b-series into a 88-91)

I realize that a 90-91 b18a would have been slightly less trouble but I got a good deal (500$USD without mounts).

The guy that sold me the engine told me that If I like, he is willing to trade me the stock ECU (obd1) for a OBD0 ecu... does this make the wireing any simpler?

I also have a Si (88-91) harness at my disposal for the Dual to multipoint conversion.

Also, anyone have a link to instructions on modifying the shift linkage? does it apply to a 4-Door?

Originally posted by Vikking@Apr 27 2004, 02:21 AM
Today I got myself a b18a with all the trimmings.. here is what I got:

93 b18a
tranny
axles
shift linkage
obd1 ecu

I also purchased the required mounts for my car (b-series into a 88-91)

I realize that a 90-91 b18a would have been slightly less trouble but I got a good deal (500$USD without mounts).

The guy that sold me the engine told me that If I like, he is willing to trade me the stock ECU (obd1) for a OBD0 ecu... does this make the wireing any simpler?

I also have a Si (88-91) harness at my disposal for the Dual to multipoint conversion.

Also, anyone have a link to instructions on modifying the shift linkage? does it apply to a 4-Door?

to make your swap a lot easier, use the obd-0 distributor and ecu. that's all you really need. the shift linkage doesn't have anything special about it even tho it's going in a 4 door. have you ever drove a car with cut and weld linkage, it's gay. i used the shift linkage off a front clip, b16 CRX. you could use that, or buy HaSport linkage.

for the DPFI to MPFI you will need to use your stock harness and make all the wiring changes to it - you can rob the connectors you need from the Si harness

so I should take the obd0 ecu from the guy and buy a 90-91 integra obd0 Distributor. Do I also have to get a obd0 O2 sensor or can I take the one off my stock D-series??

I rob the plugs off the Si harness and run the extra wires for the MPFI right??

I think I will still go with cutting/welding the shift linkage.. it needs to be longer or shorter for a 4-door??

Thanks alot for the quick replys guys...

Originally posted by Vikking@Apr 27 2004, 05:28 PM
so I should take the obd0 ecu from the guy and buy a 90-91 integra obd0 Distributor. Do I also have to get a obd0 O2 sensor or can I take the one off my stock D-series??

I think I will still go with cutting/welding the shift linkage.. it needs to be longer or shorter for a 4-door??

1:Yes and your d series o2 will work as long as you use the obd0 harness plug for the o2

2:the linkage doesn't need to be longer or shorter for a 4 door...you do it as if it were to go into a crx or hatch...you need to extend the stabalizer bar an inch to an inch and a half...also, tell me how fun it is to race with cut and weld linkage :eek:

i had to cut my shifter stabilizer down from the right hand clip i got, to fit into my 88 hatch. I made my shift linkage adjustable......thank god i did. Works flawlessly and welds look great. B)

so it's just the stabalizer right.... I use the linkage from the integra or my stock civic one???

anyone got any photos of what a well done cut down stabalizer looks like ??

thanks again guys...

[ linkage? does it apply to a 4-Door?
to make your swap a lot easier, use the obd-0 distributor and ecu. that's all you really need. the shift linkage doesn't have anything special about it even tho it's going in a 4 door. have you ever drove a car with cut and weld linkage, it's gay. i used the shift linkage off a front clip, b16 CRX. you could use that, or buy HaSport linkage. [/quote]
why is it gay to drive with a cut and weld linkage?

[ linkage? does it apply to a 4-Door?
to make your swap a lot easier, use the obd-0 distributor and ecu. that's all you really need. the shift linkage doesn't have anything special about it even tho it's going in a 4 door. have you ever drove a car with cut and weld linkage, it's gay. i used the shift linkage off a front clip, b16 CRX. you could use that, or buy HaSport linkage.
why is it gay to drive with a cut and weld linkage? [/quote]
just my opinion, i've drove a lot of cars with cut and weld linkage and it's hard to find the gears especially when you race.

Back