1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 B18A1 into 91 LX 4-Door

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Vikking, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Vikking

Vikking Junior Member

Today I got myself a b18a with all the trimmings.. here is what I got:

93 b18a
    tranny
    axles
    shift linkage
    obd1 ecu

I also purchased the required mounts for my car (b-series into a 88-91)

I realize that a 90-91 b18a would have been slightly less trouble but I got a good deal (500$USD without mounts).

The guy that sold me the engine told me that If I like, he is willing to trade me the stock ECU (obd1) for a OBD0 ecu... does this make the wireing any simpler?

I also have a Si (88-91) harness at my disposal for the Dual to multipoint conversion.

Also, anyone have a link to instructions on modifying the shift linkage? does it apply to a 4-Door?

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

to make your swap a lot easier, use the obd-0 distributor and ecu. that's all you really need. the shift linkage doesn't have anything special about it even tho it's going in a 4 door. have you ever drove a car with cut and weld linkage, it's gay. i used the shift linkage off a front clip, b16 CRX. you could use that, or buy HaSport linkage.

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

for the DPFI to MPFI you will need to use your stock harness and make all the wiring changes to it - you can rob the connectors you need from the Si harness

4. Vikking

Vikking Junior Member

so I should take the obd0 ecu from the guy and buy a 90-91 integra obd0 Distributor. Do I also have to get a obd0 O2 sensor or can I take the one off my stock D-series??

I rob the plugs off the Si harness and run the extra wires for the MPFI right??

I think I will still go with cutting/welding the shift linkage.. it needs to be longer or shorter for a 4-door??

Thanks alot for the quick replys guys...

5. B16RacerN2NR

1:Yes and your d series o2 will work as long as you use the obd0 harness plug for the o2

2:the linkage doesn't need to be longer or shorter for a 4 door...you do it as if it were to go into a crx or hatch...you need to extend the stabalizer bar an inch to an inch and a half...also, tell me how fun it is to race with cut and weld linkage :eek:

6. RSBAD454

RSBAD454 Member

i had to cut my shifter stabilizer down from the right hand clip i got, to fit into my 88 hatch. I made my shift linkage adjustable......thank god i did. Works flawlessly and welds look great. B)

7. Vikking

Vikking Junior Member

so it's just the stabalizer right.... I use the linkage from the integra or my stock civic one???

anyone got any photos of what a well done cut down stabalizer looks like ??

thanks again guys...

8. 91crx

91crx Senior Member

to make your swap a lot easier, use the obd-0 distributor and ecu. that's all you really need. the shift linkage doesn't have anything special about it even tho it's going in a 4 door. have you ever drove a car with cut and weld linkage, it's gay. i used the shift linkage off a front clip, b16 CRX. you could use that, or buy HaSport linkage. [/quote]
    why is it gay to drive with a cut and weld linkage?

9. B16RacerN2NR

why is it gay to drive with a cut and weld linkage? [/quote]
    just my opinion, i've drove a lot of cars with cut and weld linkage and it's hard to find the gears especially when you race.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted