93 cb7 f22a swap to f22b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tsellersjr93

CB7 with vtec gotta love
Hi I have an 93 accord ex manuel with f22a non vtec motor that blew and i brought an f22b vtec motor out of an 96 accord auto. the tranny fits but there seems to be a difference with the motor mounts to where the ones of the 96 accord won't fit. i tried using the ones one my non vtec motor but it was slightly off. and suggestion on what i should do next. i tried looking on here but everybody keeps saying it goes striahgt in but with no details.

they should all fit just fine but you have an obdI car with an obdII motor i hope that you planned for that

the f22a and f22b are the exact same basically outside of the cylinder head.....all mounts and mounting locations are the exact same...even for the transmissions. so you are doing something wrong

obd1 - odbII oh oh thats not good i forgot about that and we planned on firing the car up tomorrow what should i do?

I put a f22b2 in place of the f22a6 in my cb7. I had to use various things from both motors to make it work. I can try to list what I remember if it would help. I started a thread like this when I ran into the same situation.

i honestly wouldn't go f22b2... after the last one i worked on im defiantly gonna always stick f22a1/6. f22b2 isn't worth the problems! for what? an extra 5hp?

(im tired)

My a6 had a bad exhaust valve = no compression on one cyl. Thats the only reason I swapped motors. The new motor did have somewhat lower mileage too 110 vs 147 but thats just how it ended up and not a reason to replace.

wow thanks for the info we got the motor in but now we have to run the fuel line because its on the oppsite side of the motor and we also have to finish wiring it up i wish i could show pics but i do not have enough post yet

Sure, just keep in mind that mine is a b2 (non vtec) so I can't say much about vtec wiring.

Well I thought I had after pics but i only have before and during... I will get some tomorrow though.
The things that you could use a pic of are probably- power steering line, fuel line, and throttle cable? anything else?

I made a bracket for the throttle cable
I extended the fuel line with a stainless hard line from a bronco
and I had to modify the power steering line with the end that fit the f22b2 pump

on my harness (i used the one off the f22a6 / the one that came in the car)I had to extend a connector on the manifold ( cant recall which one)

I will get pics and clarify this better tomorrow.

The snow is deceiving, it looks like there could be a decent car under there but it is really a p.o.s.
First shot you can see the fuel line kinda, following the fuel rail
Other is the power steering line, I couldn't mount the a6 pump on the b2 so I cut the end that fit the b2 pump off the line and welded it slowly while cooling it with a damp rag, to the cars line. I thought that I could have this done at a hydraulic hose place but when I cut the rubber line in half I found it has a smaller metal line inside, so this is all I could come up with.

Attachments

• DSCN1974.JPG
    DSCN1974.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • DSCN1975.JPG
    DSCN1975.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,540
  • DSCN1976.JPG
    DSCN1976.JPG
    919.7 KB · Views: 1,307
First here is the throttle cable bracket, I guess you could do just about anything here, but make sure it is not going to cause throttle sticking issues and is inline/solid. The throttle cable is the original that was in the car. You can also see a yellow and grey wire, those had to be extended to the back of the manifold.
Second pic shows the fuel line- I cut the rubber line in half and extended it with the stainless hard line along the fuel rail to the filter. I lightly flared the ends of the stainless line with great difficulty so the lines stay tight, and bent it to fit with brake line tools.

Attachments

• DSCN1977.JPG
    DSCN1977.JPG
    928 KB · Views: 1,267
  • DSCN1978.JPG
    DSCN1978.JPG
    933.4 KB · Views: 2,614
wow that really helped i'm almost done thanks to your a pics but the hold up is the throttle cable. by me having vtec i have to use two throttle cables sigh so confused

Attachments

• motor in bay.jpg
    motor in bay.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 2,277
Do you have a pic of the throttle body and cables, I am sure something can be worked out.

Back