93 cb7 f22a swap to f22b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here is where i'm at so far on the car hoses and throttle body and wires? where do they go

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 873
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 974
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 4,535
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 1,224
I am not sure if yours is different, but my engine has that second wheel on the throttle body too, it was for the cruise control cable. On the cb7 the cruise cable goes into the firewall and only one cable goes to the tb. So It looks to me like all you need to do is hook your one original cable to the blue wheel like I did.

As far as vacuum hoses you just have to get some longer hoses and extend them to the ports on the other end of the manifold. I didn't have enough spots for all of them so I left the motor mount one undone. You could get a vacuum T or "tree" to make it work if you are short on ports.

The wire connector in the middle of the fuel rail is the one that gets extended as I posted earlier, to I think the IAC on the back of the manifold (Black round motor looking thing)

sweet everything is looking good right now thanks to all your pics and info. we have everything on and my ecu should be here tomorrow or thursday. I'm going to crank it tomorrow even if the ecu is not here because i just want to see what the dang thing sounds like. alot of people keep saying don't do that swap and to do the h22 swap but when you don't have h22 money. you must do what you can. i'm not really into alot of speed. I just wanted to do a swap that not everybody has done before. my turbo kit is already here but i am going to drive it a while to break it in before i put that on. i'll keep you posted and again thanks. would not have made it this far without ya.

I am glad I could help. Let me know how it goes tomorrow. Definately get some pics once you get the turbo all hooked up. Sounds sweet!

I am having troubles because my motor cranks and sounds hella good but it won't go in gear i brought a new slave cylinder but its still not doing anything i bled the clutch a 1000 times nothing. i'm about to pull tranny and see whats going on do i need a new clutch kit?

Good news: I just brought a turbo kit for my car and was wondering if anybody knew anything about installing turbos. My friend with a d15 civic just finish installing his turbo today and it sounds and runs like crap. Plus there is smoke coming out of one of his hoses and i know that is not right. But anywho any guidance on what i need to look out for and what i need to avoid before i put this on my cb7 accord with an f22b1 swap?

Jdm f22b swap into Jdm CB3 (RHD CB7)

Hey. I am new to this blog/thread. I am in Trinidad in the Caribbean. I have a JDM CB3 (which is your CB7) accord. The only major difference is that mine is right hand drive. I am thinking about doing the same engine/tranny swap you just did. As a matter of fact i have been searching sites to get info on any problems that may arise while doing the swap.

I have located the engine and tranny. Its a JDM F22b SOHC Vtec. I am getting mounts, ecu, harness, axles, complete engine (a/c, power steering, cruise control unit) and tranny.

My questions are
1: Which mounts you used in the swap?
2: Did your exhaust bolt right up to the original CB7's
3: Which power sterring line did you use?
4: What other alterations did you have to make to get the motor in?

Thanks for the info in advance!!!
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Hey me again! I purchased the car with a b16a conversion already in there. Being my daily driver, i overworked that motor hence the need to swap. Can you please list all the CB7 parts you reused in the swap so i can source them. With the present set-up, i limited CB3 parts to reuse. Please give as much details as possible.

One last question would you recommend this as a DIY?
I am putting in an auto tranny.

Thanks

Trinicb3, Read the first page of this thread and the link in post 5 of this thread. Everything you asked has been covered thoroughly. If you need help after reading then ask.

Hey me again! I purchased the car with a b16a conversion already in there. Being my daily driver, i overworked that motor hence the need to swap. Can you please list all the CB7 parts you reused in the swap so i can source them. With the present set-up, i limited CB3 parts to reuse. Please give as much details as possible.

One last question would you recommend this as a DIY?
I am putting in an auto tranny.

Thanks

Your Accord has a B16 swapped into it???

Sorry for posting this so late

I boosted my cb7 and it ran great then i forgot to change timing belt and it blew:huh: my bad but i sold the setup and shell and now have an rx 8 but if anybody needs any info on this setup or how to do it email me ctsellersjr@gmail.com
i'll let you know what to do from beginng to end. tsellersjr/ctsellersjr

Hey guys i need some advice urgently. I am putting the JDM f22B in my CB3 bt i am stumped as to which mount do i use on the engine side. Please respond asap. We tried the mount from the 94 accord but it cannot work. Do i use the orignal CB3 accord mount?
Please respond soon.

TriniCB3, In my car i used the mount from the original f22a6 and put it on the b motor. I believe i had to use the timing belt cover from the a6 as well because the opening is different shape where the mount comes thru. Keep in mind that my swapped in motor is a f22b2 not a b1! there may be a difference in mounts from the b1 to the b2 but I have no experience with the b1 so i cant say for sure.

Back