1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 civic daily driver build

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by jtuner119, Jun 19, 2007.

1. jtuner119

jtuner119 New Member

i have been trying to get back into the tuner scene. i had a 92 prelude before. engine swap, i/h/e, bodykit. it was a simple start and i gave it up when i became a father.
    i recently acquired a 92 civic dx coupe. automatic. completely stock. i would have preferred a manual trans, but the car was free. i just want to make a nice daily driver with simple mods. basically show with some go.
    wondering if anyone has any ideas of what potential im looking into or is it not worth it.

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

IMO (and im sure Im speaking for 95% of people here) its only worth it if you swich the car to manual trans and ditch the d15b7 in favor of something better. Better as in an LS swap. I feel that the ls provides the best combination of affordability and tuning potential out of all the engines available. I have a gsr in my hatch and I often think about what my car would be like if i saved money by getting an ls, then have money left to boost it.

3. jtuner119

jtuner119 New Member

i dont think i have the patience to do a conversion. atleast not for something that would take that much effort. im not building a 10 sec car. just something to ride in to work. simply rice. :D

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I'd say add a basic suspension package, something like Tokico's HP kit. Not too expensive and perfect for a daily driver. Then maybe add a set of wheels, front lip maybe, TYC projector headlights. As for the engine I'd say intake and a subtle-sounding exhaust (think Apex'i World Sport or similar). If you're not going to swap to a better motor or swap to manual then don't put a lot of money into engine mods.

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Sell it and buy a hatch =D

6. jtuner119

jtuner119 New Member

i thought about selling it. but like i said. it was free. i might make minor mods, then sell it. i'll post some pics tomorow.

7. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

V-tec headswaps are always nice :)

8. jtuner119

jtuner119 New Member

here's the pics of the new project. i've decided to do a complete swap and conversion. engine, manual trans, ecu. anyone have any suggestions where to get it for a good price?

Attached Files:

9. jtuner119

jtuner119 New Member

i've developed a wish list for this project. and the more i get into it, the more i plan to to.
    starting with
    auto to manual swap
    probably go with a b16 motor swap.
    rear disc swap
    as soon as get started i'll post the pics.

10. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

just FYI, if you switch to a Stickshift tranny, and then buy a B16 motor, you are throwing away your money, D and B series transmissions are different, and if you pickup a manual trans and bolt it to the D15B7, you will need a different ECU, and then you will need ANOTHER ECU when you switch to a different motor. if you are doing a swap, you should do it all at once *Motor/Trans/ECU Wise*

11. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

honestly, after looking at the pictures, I'd leave it 100% alone, its in fantastic shape, and If you just want a daily driver with AMAZING gas mileage, thats a great car, and it will hold its value for a LONG time if you take care of it.

12. jose B17 P.R

jose B17 P.R New Member

I Can Get You A Manual Trans,ecu And Vtec Head...i Work In A _____?......junkyard

13. jtuner119

jtuner119 New Member

its still going to be a daily driver. and i was planning on doing it all at once. its just a matter of getting the parts together.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted