93 civic engine into 89 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redheadstepchild

Hi im new around here. I have a question to ask since i am not fully educated on swaps. I have a 1989 Honda Civic Sedan with a burnt out d15b2 engine in it. My friend has a 93 civic hatch with a 1.5 engine and he is putting in a b16 something and he said he would sell me his old engine. My question is how hard would it be to put his engine into my car. What all would I need from his car to make it work in mine. Sorry so the questions, just I dont know if I should drop $200 on his engine and then spend more than that trying to get it to work. Thanks!

-Paul

engine and ecu pretty much. its a direct bolt in...but why not try and find a D16z6?? you can find those all day long for around $500 at the junkyard.

Originally posted by redheadstepchild@Jul 23 2003, 11:53 AM
Hi im new around here. I have a question to ask since i am not fully educated on swaps. I have a 1989 Honda Civic Sedan with a burnt out d15b2 engine in it. My friend has a 93 civic hatch with a 1.5 engine and he is putting in a b16 something and he said he would sell me his old engine. My question is how hard would it be to put his engine into my car. What all would I need from his car to make it work in mine. Sorry so the questions, just I dont know if I should drop $200 on his engine and then spend more than that trying to get it to work. Thanks!

-Paul

the swap sounds too difficult for the knowledge of swaps that you have. since you sound like you don't really know too much right now, it'll give you a headache esecially since you wanna take an obd-1 motor and throw it in your obd-0 car...if you don't know what it takes to do the change over, then don't try it, stick with your obd generation. trust me, i went through the headache and i regret every step of it. but if your dead set on doing this swap, it could be done, all i'm saying is it could be done an easier way also

Back