93 Civic Hatch Taillights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tholub003

I have been searching everywhere for a pair of PURE RED, 93 civic hatch taillights, i've searched ebay and a few other sites for them, but nobody seems to have pure red taillights, any suggestions where i could look? and do you think the half red, half white taillights would look good on a si blue hatch with gunmetal 17's?

Paint them if u want all red. And get the altezzas with the red on top and paint them so u get the real si look. Original dont you think :D . And no i havent done it nor would i do it but ppl on this and other sites recommend this method.

if you want red tail lights, paint them, it really easy to do, heres how!!!

first you need a special kind of translucent paint, you need a model paint, found in a hobbie shop or rc modeling shop, look for "model masters" paint, they carry a variety of colors, i did the same but with a black tint, really turns out nice.

second you'll need a clear coat paint of some sort, preferably a clear coat with uv protectant.

now for the fun stuff.

1. start by removing the tail lights, now in a hatch the outer lights are harder to get, but start by removing some of the interior plastic and you should be able to get to it.

2. once the lights are out, clean them really good with some rubbing alcohal, once clean let dry

3. start by painting in very light coats, if you can't spray paint very good, have a freind who knows what to do, do it. please light coats, the first coat shouldn't even be seen. it is important you paint where you have as little dust and debrie as possible.

4. put 6-8 coats, or as desired look. please let dry for 15-20 minutes after every coat, this is important, because it drys slow.

5. once you have your desired look, put them back in the car for the light test, if you like the look and light comes thu just fine, pull it back out and put your clear coat on.

6. the clear coat can be very tricky if never done before. please take your time.

7. if all turns out okay, you have a pair of uniqe lights, and you'd be the man on the streets.

8. JUST IN CASE!!! if it comes out like crap, one of two things could of happened, either you got and inconsistant spray and you put too much on each coat, or your friend messed it up, j/k, if you don't like it, use nail polish to remove it, it will come off just fine, use the non-abrasion type though. and try it again

REMEMBER!!! this is a time consuming project.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Dec 20 2004, 06:27 PM
if you want red tail lights, paint them, it really easy to do, heres how!!!

first you need a special kind of translucent paint, you need a model paint, found in a hobbie shop or rc modeling shop, look for "model masters" paint, they carry a variety of colors, i did the same but with a black tint, really turns out nice.

second you'll need a clear coat paint of some sort, preferably a clear coat with uv protectant.

now for the fun stuff.

1. start by removing the tail lights, now in a hatch the outer lights are harder to get, but start by removing some of the interior plastic and you should be able to get to it.

2. once the lights are out, clean them really good with some rubbing alcohal, once clean let dry

3. start by painting in very light coats, if you can't spray paint very good, have a freind who knows what to do, do it. please light coats, the first coat shouldn't even be seen. it is important you paint where you have as little dust and debrie as possible.

4. put 6-8 coats, or as desired look. please let dry for 15-20 minutes after every coat, this is important, because it drys slow.

5. once you have your desired look, put them back in the car for the light test, if you like the look and light comes thu just fine, pull it back out and put your clear coat on.

6. the clear coat can be very tricky if never done before. please take your time.

7. if all turns out okay, you have a pair of uniqe lights, and you'd be the man on the streets.

8. JUST IN CASE!!! if it comes out like crap, one of two things could of happened, either you got and inconsistant spray and you put too much on each coat, or your friend messed it up, j/k, if you don't like it, use nail polish to remove it, it will come off just fine, use the non-abrasion type though. and try it again

REMEMBER!!! this is a time consuming project.
[post=435066]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't use rubing alcohol just wash them with warm soapy water ( all cemicals will disscolour and make the plastic britle)
use a candy spry paint
don't bother with clear it not needed

Back