93 civic hb with 99 front end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TWISTEDIMAGE

has any one performend this swap and know what it takes i have the basic idea i know that it takes the core support and the hood fenders lights bumper and grill just wondering what mods i will need to make to pull this off

Holy wrong forum batman....moved.

some one in denver did the swap, cant remember who off the top of my head, but I will let you know.

when you coming down again?

im pretty sure you have to do some type of bodywork. i have seen them around me alot. some look real good but some look like they just tried to bolt the parts on and nothing lines up right.

ripper trying to make it down in the next couple of weeks whats going on any thing

and has any one actually tried it and have any know how

got a si hood i am gonna bolt it up tommorow or sat and let you guys know how it fits i measured it and it will bolt up and is about the exact same as 92-95 1/2 inch shorter where the hood strike is but that will move with core support so not big issue if i decide to got thru with it i will take pics and post them up but if you have done it please leave me some info here

also are the fenders any diff on the 99-00 from the 96-98 civic and also are the hoods the same from 96-98 to 99-00 what about the bumpers are they the same as well or diff help me please people i truly think i am gonna do this

Fenders, Hoods, and Bumpers are different from 96-98 and from 99-00, because everything corresponds to the headlights, therefore they are different.

my friend's friend has done it(actually 96-98 front on his eg, i know another guy who did a ghetto one by just zip tying the EK parts on his CRX :lol:), but he did his buy welding in the EK core support, complete EK front end parts(headlights, bumper, etc,) and cutting and welding the fender. The fenders from the EG and EK were both cut in half and welded together(the front part of the fender is EK, while back is EG). hes showed me a pic of it; ill try to get it from him.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 7 2005, 08:23 PM
Fenders, Hoods, and Bumpers are different from 96-98 and from 99-00, because everything corresponds to the headlights, therefore they are different.
[post=484485]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

im doing this for nopi in sept. 96-98 are VERY different that 99-00 when doing this. you need to drill out a bunch of welds to get the suport off. then weld the other in. (hood will match up) take ek fender (and chop off just what u need not the whole thing becasause it has a line all the way down that the eg dosent) and cut off the corner light part. cut eg fender accordingly. weld, bolt on, paint, pimp.

i have done core supports before so i am gonna go for it i think i am gonna use my eg fenders and just cut and paste till the lights are correct no hack job but i will do it good i will post pics up when i do it i plan on doing it next month so we will see how it looks

also looking for ek or 94+ integra rhd conversion for the same car so if you know any thing let me know as well

so i bolted up the 99 si hood today and it fit great as far as the lines are concerned and the support will be easy to change just some modifacation to the eg fenders and wala it should be a day swap i will post pics when i git r dun

This is what I found out when I researched the swap. You will need 99-00 Headlights, fenders, bumper, radiator support and the hood. The stock fenders and the 99-00 fenders will need to be cut. You then have to weld the stock part of the fender that touches the door to the part of the 99-00 fender that touches the headlights. With the radiator support u have to take the stock one off then modify the 99-00 support to fit. I am not sure if that modifying consist of welding or drilling holes and bolting up. As for as the hood fitment you would have to research that because I didnt even think about that until I started typing this. Hope that helps.

Back