93 Civic Ls-vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dorito_burrito

i've heard of plenty of 5th gen civics with a b18b swap. What if i wanted to throw on the vtec head from a b16a/b18c1? would that work? ANDDDD... if it WILL work, will it be cheaper or more expensive than simply swapping in the b18c?
the situation i have here is that i can get a 93 civic w/out a motor or trans for 500 ($thats bout $303US), and i was thinking of either LS-VTEC or B18C.

Yes it will work with some effort.

Cheaper? It's all up to what kind of price you can get for the parts, and if you're willing to put the wrench time in yourself, and willing to put in the time to do the right research. If it's built well and you select the right parts, you can have an engine more powerful than a GSR for about the same price. If you pay someone else to put it together, it will almost definitely be more expensive than the GSR... and if you don't do a good job- it will be a lot less reliable than the GSR.

Do some research on the site. There's tons of information about LS/VTEC setups around the forums, and in our reference section. You might still decide that a B18C is the right choice for you.

Yes it will work with some effort.

Cheaper? It's all up to what kind of price you can get for the parts, and if you're willing to put the wrench time in yourself, and willing to put in the time to do the right research. If it's built well and you select the right parts, you can have an engine more powerful than a GSR for about the same price. If you pay someone else to put it together, it will almost definitely be more expensive than the GSR... and if you don't do a good job- it will be a lot less reliable than the GSR.

Do some research on the site. There's tons of information about LS/VTEC setups around the forums, and in our reference section. You might still decide that a B18C is the right choice for you.

How much was your B20VTEC? just outta curiosity, do you think it was better then doing a GSR swap?

Originally posted by luVTEC@Apr 14 2003, 12:47 AM
How much was your B20VTEC? just outta curiosity, do you think it was better then doing a GSR swap?

I loved it, and yes it was.

for those who have either done the swaps, or have done indepth research, on average whick setup would be less expensive. forego labor because i'm doing it myself. (this is not completely a noob job. my bro is a mechanic)

I have read alot abotu this i was either going to go the LS/Vtec way or LS/T(urbo). When it came doen to it i think that im just gonna do the LS/T, just because so many people say that it is so easy to screw up a LS/Vtec, and turbos are just cool :p.

No flame butwhy do you guys alway follow other peoples remarks on ls vtec is easy to screw or is not reliable. if u never don ethe swap and experience it, tehn you don tno, dont correctly it is as reliable as any other
motor. its a very potientialmotor for all motor. here is link that u can check out the specs for it :http://www.importreview.com

Back