1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Civic Lx, Can I Swap And Keep Tranny?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by friz, Jan 16, 2003.

1. friz

friz Senior Member

Would like to increase HP without hurting reliability. I assume the best way to do this is displacement. Do I have any options with out a tranny swap? I want to make my 120 mile daily commute a little more exciting. I live out in the sticks so legallity is a non issue. Not planning on racing, but every time I try to pass a hayseed in his daddy's firebird the race is on. Some people are made uncomfortable when passed by a sissy green 93 honda. :angry: I would like to be able to make them even more uncomfortable. :eek:

P.S. I'm a freeking cheepskate!!!!

2. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

You can do a engine swap, but it has to be a d series swap. The d16z6 is probably the best d series out there, but it only has like 125 hp. Also- the d trannies are weak. When swapping an engine in, its really easy to do the tranny at the same time. My advice would be to get a b series complete swap, and throw the d block and tranny in the dumpster where it belongs :p

Alternatively, you could spend 1700 on the greddy sohc turbo kit and boost it to 5-6 psi. That would give it a little bit more pickup, but it would still be weak compared to boosted b series engines.

3. friz

friz Senior Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Which b series engine and tranny would you recommend for an all engine application. Bang for the buck being the primary concern.

4. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

Cheap torque- LS
    Fun high revving high end power- b16
    Best of both worlds- gsr
    The holy grail of the honda b blocks- type r :worthy:

As for the big blocks-

h22- read the faq section on this motor
    h23- no one does this swap for a reason
    f22- worthless

If you wanna dump around 3k into it- gsr. 1k- ls. 2k- b16. 4k+ type r.

5. friz

friz Senior Member

Many thanks for the info. You are a wealth of information. Now I know which way to go. Many thanks friz.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted