93 civic lx to y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i have a 93 civic lx that i am trying to do a d16y8 swap to. i have the y8 motor and the p2p ecu. i know that i need to rewire the dissy and the alt.. but i have no idea on how to rewire the alt. can anyone help me with on this? also when buying a ecu conversion harness how does one know if needed obd-1 to obd-2a or obd-1 to obd-2b? whats the difference between the two?

You don't need to rewire the dizzy. Keep the OBD1 non VTEC dizzy and put it in the Y8.

I don't know about the alternator but I've seen that question asked many times so I'm sure a simple search will turn up your answer.

OBD2a and b are divided by year. If the engine is 99 or 00 then it's OBD2b.

Instead of saying people suck you can say bump. This site has almost no traffic.

This site is better than H-Tech, that site is full of a bunch of jackasses and thieves.

You will need an ob1 to obd2 jumper harness to run that ecu. Even then it'l run like crap without a bunch of extra wiring etc. Just have your lx ecu chiiped to run the y8 motor. Be a lot easier and run a lot better

here is a thought i just had. can i just swap the intake manifold from the d16y8 to the d15b7 intake manifold? in doing that would i then not have to worrie about converting to obd2? and then could use the P28 ecu instead of the P2P? which i already have the P2P and have the ecu jumper on order.

p06 chipped is fail waiting to happen.

Get the wire harness for your car, go to RYWIRE and get a obd2 to obd1 conversion, everything it pretty much drop and go. Get a P28 which is pretty much identical fuel maps, and later you have the option for getting it chipped and tuned.

And if your gonna bash a site, use the SEARCH function. Might be hard for you, but this has been covered countless times.

i made my own dizzy conversion and now have a obd1 to obd2a jumper. i also have a p2p. but i now think i might just go with a mini me and try and run the p2p instead of hunting down a p28

Back