1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 civic lx to y8

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by rex187, May 20, 2010.

1. rex187

rex187 Member

i have a 93 civic lx that i am trying to do a d16y8 swap to. i have the y8 motor and the p2p ecu. i know that i need to rewire the dissy and the alt.. but i have no idea on how to rewire the alt. can anyone help me with on this? also when buying a ecu conversion harness how does one know if needed obd-1 to obd-2a or obd-1 to obd-2b? whats the difference between the two?

2. rex187

rex187 Member

wow people on hondaswap suck

3. suspendedHatch

suspendedHatch audio/security

You don't need to rewire the dizzy. Keep the OBD1 non VTEC dizzy and put it in the Y8.

I don't know about the alternator but I've seen that question asked many times so I'm sure a simple search will turn up your answer.

OBD2a and b are divided by year. If the engine is 99 or 00 then it's OBD2b.

Instead of saying people suck you can say bump. This site has almost no traffic.

4. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

This site is better than H-Tech, that site is full of a bunch of jackasses and thieves.

5. rex187

rex187 Member

thank you. i did not know about the bump thing. i hardly ever use honda swap. i made a little dizzy harness out of a old obd-1 harness i had sitting around. i think i found my answer about the alt at .:FFS TechNet:. ECU & WIRING OBD0/1/2 Alternator Plug Wiring but i have no idea if it will work. i also heard that all d-series parts are interchangeable. but i have a feeling thats not 100% true

6. egb19c

egb19c New Member

You will need an ob1 to obd2 jumper harness to run that ecu. Even then it'l run like crap without a bunch of extra wiring etc. Just have your lx ecu chiiped to run the y8 motor. Be a lot easier and run a lot better

7. rex187

rex187 Member

here is a thought i just had. can i just swap the intake manifold from the d16y8 to the d15b7 intake manifold? in doing that would i then not have to worrie about converting to obd2? and then could use the P28 ecu instead of the P2P? which i already have the P2P and have the ecu jumper on order.

8. egb19c

egb19c New Member

You won't need to switch the manifold to run the p28 ecu. It will work fine. Just use the p28. If you want it to run perfectly with the manifold get it chipped to run the y8 engine. Costs like $70 HA Motorsports USDM ECU Chipping Service

9. rex187

rex187 Member

i already have the P2P but i can always sell it and get my oem P06 chipped

10. RoughKnight

RoughKnight Christmas Car

p06 chipped is fail waiting to happen.

Get the wire harness for your car, go to RYWIRE and get a obd2 to obd1 conversion, everything it pretty much drop and go. Get a P28 which is pretty much identical fuel maps, and later you have the option for getting it chipped and tuned.

And if your gonna bash a site, use the SEARCH function. Might be hard for you, but this has been covered countless times.

11. rex187

rex187 Member

i made my own dizzy conversion and now have a obd1 to obd2a jumper. i also have a p2p. but i now think i might just go with a mini me and try and run the p2p instead of hunting down a p28

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted