93 civic no fuel and no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

ok so i was driving down the road at about 2000 rpms in 5 gear when my civic lost speed, bogs down and then dies. at first i was thinking that it was a ignition problem but after changing the dizzy, cap, rotor, plugs and wires. it still wont start back up and now i dont have any fuel going to the fuel rail or fuel filter. last time i had a problem like this with 94 civic i used to own, it turned out that the oxygen sensor was broken(after spending almost $900 for a new starter, new wire set and new oxygen sensor and all where oem honda parts) . i havnt changed the oxygen sensor yet but will tomorrow. does anyone have any helpful ideas that might help me. cause i just bought the car like maybe 2 months ago and really dont want to swap to my other d15b7 that i have here at my house.

Last edited:
Alrighty.... your options, My car ran a little rich with out an O2 sensor, I'd say unplug the mofo, and try stating it, if nothing happens, then I would turn your key to the on Postion and listen for the distinctive fuel pump priming sound. It there is no sound, I would check into a fuel pump, could be dead... if the fuel pump is priming then your problem could be a cloged filter.... just some helpful ideas... but the pump should eather be priming or not, also re check the lines for the plugs, you could have not put them in the corect firing order:p

the fuel pump does not turn on. but if its the fuel pump wouldnt i still have spark?

well could be that your motor is sencing there is no fuel...I would re check the plugs wires again, almost sounds like ya bought a shit dizzy

it was my ecu. it fried something on the inside. after i got the car home. i figured that i would try my other stock p06 and it started right up. i took the fried p06 apart and the under side ther is a burn mark on the plastic liner and on the board also.

wow that makes me wanna think you could possibly have a wire shorting to ground somewhere.

thats what im thinking. i dont know where it could be but tomorrow im going to start looking over the hole car and see if i can find anything. if i cant its going to honda to let them have a look. the only after market wiring i've added was jdm city lights. every think else ive put on (fog lights and power folding heated mirorrs) was plug and play. i got really lucky with the power folding heated mirorrs being plug and play.

naw comes stock with 92-95's :), I would check the main harness wires from the car to the ECU :p, also could just had a shit ECU... lol Glad ya got it working tho...ECU been my next guess

well i think it might have been just a bad ecu. cause i cant find anything wrong with the wiring. so maybe it was just bad luck. anyway now i just have to send off my other p06 to and get it converted from auto to manuel. i guess its nice having alot of spare parts from other civics i have that im stripping out.

Back