93 civic si body noise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

panthegoatgod

I recently purchased a 93 Civic Si. The piece that sits on top of the hatch seems to be loose. I go down the road and when I hit a bump in the road it slaps against the glass. I have tried tightening the 4 studs that are attached to the hatch. They were all really tight. Is there any answer to tighten this up? The person that I bought it from had a roof-rack on it and I think that she rested stuff on the fin. If you guys have any advice I would appreciate it. Oh, one last note. I took it off from the hatch and I noticed that around one of the studs there is a crack. I think that if I weld that up it might help, but I don't believe that it would take up that much slack. Thanks again for your help.

Take it off and put some duct tape on the bottom, a couple layers and see if that tightens it up, and keeps it quieter. If not go to a junkyard and get one that isn't cracked.

place the duct tape between the 2 surfaces that are smacking into each other, as a shock absorber to keep the sound down.

heres one that always works.

take ur fingers rub them in ur ass and sum hot butter then put them inbetween the two pieces and tighten...... then drive around it sould be better..

Back