93 civic si brake problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drifttuner240

i got a 93 civic si hatchback with a d16z6 5 speed tranny p28 ecu eveything is stock. my prob is i bleed my brakes like 50 times i got a good stiff pedal before i start the car. when i start the car i got no pedal and everytime i push down the idle changes but goes back down as soon as i let off. so i bleed the lines with the car running and it did nothing. with the car running i disconnected the vacuum hose off the brake booster to the manifold and the pedal stayed stiff and rpms didnt change but, when i drove it the pedal was stiff but did not stop. need a litlle help lmk

I'm having same problem with a eg hatch I'm workin on it's probley your master cyclinder I also had a car that did it to me on one of my cars and I replaced MC and good to go, if your bleeding your brakes and no air is coming out then there probley isn't a break in a line which would leave one other thing. The master cyclinder

Last edited:
how about a vacuum leak? they can cause irregularities in idle when using the breaks.

Last edited:
the check valve in the vaccume line to the brake booster may be faulty, you should chack that it only takes 2 sec

thanks

thanks guys 4 ur input. its good 2 c people helping out. on IA its just bullshit when it comes 2 tech questions. its just a auction just like ebay"might as well be". i work in the collision department at gwinnett place honda in duluth im a collision tech. im a mech when im not at work. any of u guys that offer help 2 me i will do the same 4 u

Bad booster! They do go bad.. especially if it may have been owned by a woman.
Also, check back under the carpet, where it comes through the firewall for leaking that won't show up until you get a soggy carpet stain.

I've had that on several cars that I kept bleeding and bleeding but it would loose after a week or so.
Then found the leak up by the peddles.

E

im going 2 swap all of my gsr suspension and type r brake booster tommorrow maybe just maybe the honda god will smile down on me

here a new question. if u got a 93 civic si hatch with a d16z6 5 speed and u put gsr suspension brakes knuckle complete on the corners which alxe would u use the d series or the b series? lmk?

i got the d series axles 2 work. i had 2 use a sharp pick and clean out the grooves. i can't beleive that . it looked brand new when i took the axles out. just goes 2 show u that something so little can e lude u. all i can say is my bad. trust me im kicking myself in the ass

Back