1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 civic si brake problem

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by drifttuner240, May 21, 2010.

1. drifttuner240

drifttuner240 New Member

i got a 93 civic si hatchback with a d16z6 5 speed tranny p28 ecu eveything is stock. my prob is i bleed my brakes like 50 times i got a good stiff pedal before i start the car. when i start the car i got no pedal and everytime i push down the idle changes but goes back down as soon as i let off. so i bleed the lines with the car running and it did nothing. with the car running i disconnected the vacuum hose off the brake booster to the manifold and the pedal stayed stiff and rpms didnt change but, when i drove it the pedal was stiff but did not stop. need a litlle help lmk

2. jc187x

jc187x New Member

how did you bleed your brakes?

3. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

I'm having same problem with a eg hatch I'm workin on it's probley your master cyclinder I also had a car that did it to me on one of my cars and I replaced MC and good to go, if your bleeding your brakes and no air is coming out then there probley isn't a break in a line which would leave one other thing. The master cyclinder

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  4. paulsen

paulsen sponge of knowlege

how about a vacuum leak? they can cause irregularities in idle when using the breaks.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  5. Slow&Delirious

Slow&Delirious isn't fast or furious

the check valve in the vaccume line to the brake booster may be faulty, you should chack that it only takes 2 sec

6. drifttuner240

drifttuner240 New Member

thanks

thanks guys 4 ur input. its good 2 c people helping out. on IA its just bullshit when it comes 2 tech questions. its just a auction just like ebay"might as well be". i work in the collision department at gwinnett place honda in duluth im a collision tech. im a mech when im not at work. any of u guys that offer help 2 me i will do the same 4 u

7. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

Bad booster! They do go bad.. especially if it may have been owned by a woman.
    Also, check back under the carpet, where it comes through the firewall for leaking that won't show up until you get a soggy carpet stain.

I've had that on several cars that I kept bleeding and bleeding but it would loose after a week or so.
    Then found the leak up by the peddles.

E

8. drifttuner240

drifttuner240 New Member

im going 2 swap all of my gsr suspension and type r brake booster tommorrow maybe just maybe the honda god will smile down on me

9. drifttuner240

drifttuner240 New Member

here a new question. if u got a 93 civic si hatch with a d16z6 5 speed and u put gsr suspension brakes knuckle complete on the corners which alxe would u use the d series or the b series? lmk?

10. drifttuner240

drifttuner240 New Member

i got the d series axles 2 work. i had 2 use a sharp pick and clean out the grooves. i can't beleive that . it looked brand new when i took the axles out. just goes 2 show u that something so little can e lude u. all i can say is my bad. trust me im kicking myself in the ass

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted