1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Civic VX Swap??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Convoy, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Convoy

Convoy Junior Member

a few friends and i are to planning to drop a d15b vtec motor in a 93 Civic VX, were getting the basic long block, will be using the vx's tranny but my questions would have to be if the i can still use the stock vx ecu(since its vtec)?? can i use the vx wiring harness?? can i use the vx distribuor?? and is there anything else i should know about this swap, i have swapped d16z's into dx's and lx's but i always had to use the d16z dizzy, but with the vx motor being already vtec can i still use it?? thanks in advance
    also if anyone has any other things to add that i forgot please do, thanks

2. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

Yup, its a direct bolt in, like it should have been there in the first place! I'd recommend using a P28 ECU though. The VX is a VTEC-E motor, made for economy, thus its fuel maps are a little weak. The P28 is a better alternative.

3. Convoy

Convoy Junior Member

cool, but i can use the vx ecu for temporary?? and i can use the vx distributor right?? and wiring harness??

4. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

5. Convoy

Convoy Junior Member

6. homespice

homespice Junior Member

I'm looking to do this same swap into my CX but since that's not prewired for Vtec I'll have to run some extra wires. Does the d15b come like a b16a have 6 wires or like a b18c with 7?

Aside from the wiring to a p28 ecu I'll need a timing belt, waterpump, tensioner, clutch, distributor and axles. Can I get these off any d-series or are they specific to certain ones?

If anyone has a p28 ecu they're looking to offload, let me know.

7. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

first, let me say welcome to hondaswap.

you will need a timing belt, water pump(i think), and a d-series vtec distributor.

the clutch, tensioner, and axles can be from any d-series civic. the wires you will have to run are vtec solenoid wire, oil pressure sensor wire, and a ground. i am not sure if you willl have to convert to a 4-wire o2 sensor.

next time you have a question be sure to do a search first (because more than likely someone else has already asked), and if you don't find what your looking for then just ask a question, but make sure to start your own post. :thumbsup:

8. homespice

homespice Junior Member

Thanks for the info. The engine is on order so hopefully I can gather all the parts before it shows up.

As for the searching. I tried but there isn't a whole lot of info on the d15b and the articles only reference wiring for b-series so I wasn't sure. I'll keep searching though.

This post was too similar to what I'm working on to not jump in a hyjack it. No hard feelings...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted