93 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lowther

I have a 93 Civic DX auto and have bought a 89 Civic Si std. I want to put the std and the D16Z6(previously from a 96) from the 89 in my 93! Does anyone out there have any input to help me? Will I run into any electrical problems? Please let me know if theres something I will run into! Thanks

at the least u will have to change your intake out to the 93 intake. unless u want a nightmare on wiring. motor mounts should b tha same.also depends on wether ur motor in the crx has been converted to hydraulic transmission or if its cable. if its cable u will have to buy a conversion kit from hasport because the 93 civic should be hydraulic.

First the Z6 is not from a 96.The Z6 is from a 92-95 Civic EX or Si.The 96 sohc would be a y8.Next what tranny do you have on the motor right now?Unless your 89 is converted to obd1 your gonna need to do that.Being that the 93 is auto you going to want to swap to a manual pedals,this is no easy task on hydro tranny cars so if your determined to put the z6 in you might want to stay auto.

Back