93 DA JDMb16a swap wont start..dead ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vegeta4ss

My roommate has a b16a swap in a 93 integra.

We were tracing a problem in the heat blower motor and found some loose wires in his floor. At this time I was not present to see what happened but it goes like this....

a hot wire was found in the floor that would jumpstart the car if touched to another power source(pushbutton ignition) . My manager (who was helping my roommate) did this 3 or 4 times. Now the car wont start and the ecu light just stays on constant.

Usually when you go to crank the integra it will start flashing the codes on the ecu (its obd0), now it doesn't do that, the light just stays on.

Got fuel, spark, timing is good, all fuses and grounds check out...so this leads me to belive the red light and the starting problem are connected. If not then i must have a short somewhere not giving the ecu a good signal.

Has anyone else had this happen to their ecu? I have looked for "limp mode" or safe mode but most cars still start in that mode...and his doesn't. So if anyone knows what might be up please help me out here.

I also do not know where i can get another ecu to try to switch and start up with around here....does anyone have one for sale?(I'll make a topic in the buy/sell/wtb area too)

thanks in advance for the help

cliffs notes : checking heat, car started via loose wires in floor 3 or 4 times, ecu light on solid, car wont start
DA integra b16a swap

you could try to throw an OBD0 D16 ECU in there to get it to work, also check the timing off the dist, 1342.

Back