93 Del Sol engine swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18Chris

I recently purchased a 93 Del Sol (D16) to house my B18C1 which has been sitting in my garage for a while now. So I've spent a while now making sure I'm getting the right stuff for the swap and I just wanted to double check with those who have done this swap or know how to. So correct me if I'm wrong but as of now I know I need new mounts, shift linkage, ecu, and wiring and thats taking into account that I already have all the other GSR parts right? And as for the motor mounts, ive pretty much narrowed the search to HAsport, Avid, and Yonaka which are pretty different in price. So if i were to go withYonaka Motor Mounts,
would those be alright? Also any advice on what ecu, wiring, or shift linkage I should go with would be appreciated, thanks!

For the ECUyou will a P72, or a P28 chipped with the P72 basemap, axles and shift linkage should come from the Del Sol VTEC (the one with the factory B16) and when choosing mounts, remember you get what you pay for, Im using Avid mounts in my B16 EF and Ive no problems with those.

Thanks, sounds good. Couple more questions I forgot to ask, is it possible to use the axles that came out of the GSR for the swap in the Del Sol? And also about the shift linkage, I've seen a few online meant for this swap but they dont come with the bushings. Will I need new bushings or can I just reuse the ones in the del sol right now? Also any advice on a reliable source for the needed ecu would be appreciated. Thanks again for the help.

What do you mean by "the E-Bay version"? Not everything sold on E-Bay is crap, it just gets a bad rep from certain shitty brands sold on there (i.e. SS AutoChrome, APC, OBX, etc.). If you see an AEM intake advertised, then you'll get a genuine AEM intake, and it will be decent quality.

I don't know if I'd buy that particular ECU though. It seems like a better deal then just a cheap-ass chip that messes with your air/fuel ratios, but still not ideally what you'd want. I'd prefer to just buy a stock ECU, and then have it chipped and tuned using Chrome/Neptune/Hondata/etc. That way you'll have the option to get it re-tuned in the future if you decide to build the engine, or boost, or whatever...

Yea that's what I meant, I'm just gunna wait for Brutal to answer every question from now on, so far so good.

I really hope that isn't sarcasm towards Brutal....
But anyways not to be a dick but why didn't you just buy a b16 del sol to do the swap into? or did you have the car then buy the motor for the swap? Also do you have the tranny yet? Do you plan on building for boost or just sticking N/A? Is it just going to be a quick daily driver or are you gonna take it to the drag strip?

Easy Liberace, I wasn't being sarcastic to anyone. I was giving props.

He probably didn't get a Vtec sol because they're one of the most difficult Hondas to find.

sorry you should see the attitude some of the more knowledgeable members get when they disagree with newer members. I saw the amount of posts and mistook it for sarcasm. My fault.

Hey good looking out grassh0ppa, glad to finally get a clear answer on the axles. Couldve been pretty bad trying to make the GSR ones fit, thanks again. Now I'm just bummed that I have to get new axles:( .And as for why I got the D series del sol was because I had no luck whatsoever finding the Vtec sol anywhere. As of now I have the B18C1 with tranny just sitting around my house and figured I'd make it my summer project to put it in the sol. Basically just a quick daily driver and even though turbo would be nice I'll prolly just stick with N/A for this car. And thanks for the help on the ecu everyone, I'll definitely take that into consideration when buying one.

well when you do the swap sell me your z6 and tranny....if you choose to sell it. As for the axles post them on here for sale they will get picked up sooner or later.

Back