93 del sol si Factory Security system?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleKidd

Honda Noob
I just found out today my car has a security system... after 4 weeks of ownership haha. I looked under the divers seat and found a black box with the Honda logo on it. I also found a home pregnancy test under the seat, but that's a little off topic. I also found two switches under my steering wheel while i was doing a little investigating. On switch looks like a reset for the alarm, and the other has two positions. I believe one says Valet, and the other is like off. Lol like what the hell? My question here is what are those switches for if anyone possibly would know, are they related to the security system? Also there is a little red light ontop of the steering wheel, i found the switch on off and i put it on valet and the red light blinked. if i hold down the reset switch, it will first make the red light blink like 3 times (im guessing that means off) and if i do it again, it will stay solid for a few seconds then go out. Then when i open my door or turn off the key then light also comes on. But no matter what i do i cant make the alarm go off. Am i doing something wrong? How do i work the alarm correctly, and has anyone heard of a 93 del sol si comeing with a stock alarm?

its is possible that it is a factory installed aftermarket alarm. without takin the entire under dash out to see what is there for wiring it is kind of hard to make that distinction. do you have any key fobs that arm and disarm the alarm? if not then you will have no way to actually set the alarm to make it go off.

I have a 93 si as well, and I have nothing like that. I had to add my own ($$). I haven't heard of a factory installed alarm. If I get bored enough, I'll do some investigating...

Del Sol Factory Alarm

We have had 2 93 Del Sols with Honda factory alarms. We actually just bought one with a factory alarm that went off and the owner was unable to make it turn off so he started driving his other vehicle and parked the Del Sol, needless to say it was an awesome buy for us at 800.00!!! I am assuming they are factory alarms or dealer installed Honda systems as it says Honda on it as well as Honda on the key fob. We are still trying to figure out how it works, we did find the users manual in the glove box for the alarm but have not had time to sit and read it.

That's pretty gross about the prego test in the car. LOL!

Back