93 del Sol Si {Movin' On Up}

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

looks like you've got this sol headed in the right direction.

if you do rewrap your interior pieces, i would consider a darker blue; can't forget about fading

awesome thread.
in for the read.
keep the updates and pics coming.

looks like you've got this sol headed in the right direction.

if you do rewrap your interior pieces, i would consider a darker blue; can't forget about fading

Yea this time I'll be going with vinyl instead. The vinyl can stretch over the weird parts so it leaves no wrinkles.

I was just glad that you got rid of those taillights for some stock pieces. lol

Awesome thread, you're so detailed in your work, it helps when you can do a lot all at once, unlike myself where I work on the car and two years later finally have the time and money to do something else.

I like this thread! :thumbsup: Definitely keep posting your progress!

lookin much better... you need some work on the wrapping skills.. too many wrinkles.. needs to be stretched nice and tight

lookin much better... you need some work on the wrapping skills.. too many wrinkles.. needs to be stretched nice and tight

Yea lol that was my first time wrapping with fabric so It wasn't the best. I used the wrong fabric so it couldn't stretch at all.

May 6, 2010

Bad day for the Sol's engine :(

My moms car needed new rotors and brakes so I went to a place called Supreme Auto Parts. Spent about 10 minutes in the place and came back out to a del Sol that wouldn't start. Engine turned over many times but wouldn't actually start. The bad thing is since I was working on my moms car I left all my tools at home that are usually in my trunk. There was a tie rod and CV Joint shop right next to it so I asked the dude can I borrow a pliers. The guy says yes and brings out this big ass vice grip like I'm working on a tractor or something.

There was a guy with a EK Hatch outside the store so I asked him to help me diagnoise the problem. Well we figured out that the timing was off. My timing belt probably had some slack in it and jumped a tooth or two causing the engine to not start back up.

So I had no choice but to call my sister. Told her to get the rope from the house so I can tow the damn Sol back home. Got the Sol home in one piece. I rather have it at home broken down then in some random place where Honda theives roam.

Gonna have to borrow my moms car to get to work tonight. I'll try to get my engine up and running again tomorrow.

Only good news is that I finally got my front lip. I'll post pictures later.

Last edited:
you're lucky its a SOHC :) should just have to re-time it and go!

don't EVER start a post on a build thread like this. i thought the car was stolen, crashed, or you knocked up some bitch and had to sell.

thank god it's only the engine.

Haha yeah that's a pretty bad topic to start with. I should edit that.

But with the way the Z6 is bitchin' and complaining now, I think it's begging for a B20Vtec swap.

I wanted the Sol to have some bodywork and painting done so it could look purty before I dropped the engine, but I'm contemplating now on whether to fix the body now or hop straight into the engine swap.

do both.
happy medium. regular b20 swap, do body work.
then ad the vtec head later.

May 6, 2010 Part 2

My UPS driver dropped this huge box off today :D: Inside it was my front lip yay!

SDC10945.jpg

SDC10946.jpg

My bumper makes it out the driveway by a hair. I don't how well it'll go with the lip lol. I usually park on this side of the driveway with the nasty dip, but I might have to ask my sister to switch spots with me.

SDC10947.jpg

The other side is less harsh.

SDC10948.jpg

your car is looking good! Glad to see that you're actually putting good time and effort into it, rather then half assing it like we see so commonly.

seeing build threads like this makes me want to get my own project car again, and do it up right.

EDIT: Damnit! Reading your thread made me completely forget about the eBay listing i was watching, and it ended for a dollar less then i was going to bid.. doh!

May 7, 2010

Anddd this is how the Sol currently sits :mellow:. I was originally going to just tighten the timing belt but I took the head off since I was already in the process. Plus the POS is burning oil and smokes especially when moving off in 1st gear. Most likely needs piston rings and I wont be replacing those so just going to toss the head back on and run it until it dies. Won't be to long before I start pulling out the engine hoist.

SDC10955.jpg

SDC10952.jpg

SDC10953.jpg

And my umbrella shade that surprisingly kept me alive from the blazing sun. It looks small but did one hell of a job.

SDC10949.jpg

Dude, good post. I bought a Sol a few months back for 600, way worse condition than yours. Im in the process of cleaning and fixing mine up also, but I always forget my camera. =[. Bummer. But props to you man, keep it up.

I was wondering though, I saw what you did to the climate control with the LEDs, going from red to blue. Thats awesome. Would you mind if I stole that idea from you and did it to mine? haha its BA, plus mine are out anyways. And is their a link to how to do it, or could you tell me somehow? Im kind of a n00b with wiring and stuff.

Thanks Anyways though.

=]

that coolant is nasty looking, lol

id say you have th right idea with running that thing till it blows though.. if it aint broke, dont fix it :)

Back