93 del Sol Si {Movin' On Up}

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Great now I have a new damn problem. Went to school today successfully. Had about 1 hour break before next class so I decided to go to the store. Turn ignition and engine REFUSES to start, so I don't even bother with it and just go on with my business.

After classes are over so I go back and spend like 20 minutes trying to start it and then drive away. I go get some food then on the way back home the POS burns all the coolant through the muffler and attempts to overheat in less than a mile. So had to get a rope and tow it home once more.

I'm getting a new engine ASAP. I'm tired of fixing this one because when you fix one thing, something else screws up. After all this shitty engine does have over 234,xxx miles on it.

man that sucks to hear... thats how mine's going right now too lol

Yea I've pulled this damn engine apart so many times it's not even fun anymore lol. I need another DD so I can put more time into my Sol. Since it's my only car right now, it's hard to work on it and daily drive it at the same time.

Great now I have a new damn problem. Went to school today successfully. Had about 1 hour break before next class so I decided to go to the store. Turn ignition and engine REFUSES to start, so I don't even bother with it and just go on with my business.

After classes are over so I go back and spend like 20 minutes trying to start it and then drive away. I go get some food then on the way back home the POS burns all the coolant through the muffler and attempts to overheat in less than a mile. So had to get a rope and tow it home once more.

I'm getting a new engine ASAP. I'm tired of fixing this one because when you fix one thing, something else screws up. After all this shitty engine does have over 234,xxx miles on it.

Time for a b16/18 swap. :ph34r:

i'm not sure if he is still doing it, but earlier in the thread he mentioned tossing in a b20-vtec.

Yup still going B20, and maybe I'll hold off on the vtec till funds permit it. I'm tired of the Z6 taking a poop on me so I'm just going to swap it out. I should have some funds coming in this month so I'll starting sourcing a engine/tranny and the parts I need.

May 18, 2010

Parked up in the driveway till I change the headgasket :( I pulled off the fuel rail, intake & exhaust manifold and a couple of hoses then it started to drizzle so I'll continue the rest tomorrow.

SDC10999-1.jpg

that driveway is terrible. for less than the cost of a new lip, you can fix it up. 2 bags of concrete, a wheel barrow and a couple gallons of water will help you.

that driveway is terrible. for less than the cost of a new lip, you can fix it up. 2 bags of concrete, a wheel barrow and a couple gallons of water will help you.

haha yea I hate the driveway. You should see the other side, the dip is much deeper. But I park on the side you see in the pic now so if I go in at a deep angle I can make it without scraping :D

You're going to get a Sol now too Matt? I'd love to pickup a Sol and do it up like what B16 has his.

May 19, 2010

My new OEM mudflaps will be here tomorrow :D

I also hope there isn't a puddle in my car lol.

SDC11002.jpg

man, sols look awesome without a wing! if i get the one im looking at, im taking the wing off!

Wingless Sol's are awesome! :thumbsup:

May 20, 2010

Woohoo!! My UPS buddy dropped this box off today. Inside it contains my new OEM mudflaps :D It even came in the original Honda box.

SDC11006.jpg

SDC11008.jpg

Got down to business and put these badboys on....

SDC11012.jpg

SDC11013.jpg

And the end result.............Sexiness

SDC11027.jpg

SDC11026.jpg

SDC11019.jpg

SDC11016.jpg

May 21, 2010

Back under the hood once agan! I got off my lazy butt and took the head off again.

I think I know why my headgasket blew. I err took off the head last time and reused the same gasket with all the damn oil and stuff on it...:weep:

Well I bought a new headgasket and cleaned off the head as much as I could this time. I'll finish the rest tomorrow since I don't feel like doing anything else lol.

SDC11029.jpg

SDC11031.jpg

And the crank pully tool makes my life so much easier :). Just put the sucker on and give the 17mm bolt a little muscle power and that loud cracking noise alerts you that that bolt is loose!

I wish the older cranks had that feature.....its a pain to block the flywheel everytime.

How many times have you had that head off. :lol:

I wish the older cranks had that feature.....its a pain to block the flywheel everytime.

How many times have you had that head off. :lol:

Haha I've taken this head off about 3-4 times now lol. The first time I took it off was my first time even doing anything major on a engine. Since then I've learned ALOT and I can even take this head apart within a hour now. It's nothing to me anymore.

Ahh don't you love knowledge based off of trial and error lol :D

Back