93 del Sol Si {Movin' On Up}

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That was a sweet read. Car looks great. Can't wait to start one on the teg after 7 years of ownership. Might be in the near future though....

Wow Photobucket is gay!

Bandwidth exceeded FTL, I'll make a new account to post any new updates I have. The old pictures won't be back up until the end of the month though.

No updates on teh delly right now. Still smokin' as usual, but I'm going engine shopping this week or next week so I should have a nice little update soon :)

So you're going to build the D16 for boost at the same time you're building the B20vtec?

thats just stupid

no point splitting money on 2 separate builds

just put the money into the B20 build

Last edited:
thats just stupid

That's what I was thinking... I didn't want to be as blunt about it as you were though, lol. I've also been considering doing a B20Vtec build eventually as well... that or turbo my D15b...

thats just stupid

:werd:

If your ultimate goal is to build your D16 I'd just look for a cheapo D-series that runs and throw it in there as a temporary motor. Or just buy yourself another D16...

^^
Ok here is the real plan.

The del Sol gets a B20B engine swap with no plans for a Vtec conversion. The body gets all fixed up than painted. In the end the Delly will be a nice, clean, and realiable DD with some get up & go power. That will conclude any major services to the Delly.

When the Delly is all fixed up then I turn to the z6 which I will MILDLY build for boost. However, that motor will not be going back into the del Sol, so that will be the start of a new thread.

Hope that sorts all of the confusion out. :)

June 17, 2010

Haven't had an update in a while so here it is.

So the Sol is finally heading to the bodyshop tomorrow to get all the dents, rust, and ugliness fixed.

It seems like I have more problems then I expected. I pulled off the 3 trim pieces around the trunk and I found this....

SDC11282.jpg

SDC11283.jpg

Ewww major rust.

Anyways besides that these are most of the spots that they're going to work on.

SDC11290.jpg

SDC11288.jpg

SDC11287.jpg

SDC11286.jpg

SDC11293.jpg

Those are most of the big areas. I have a few little small dents here and there that will be fixed to :)

one place you need to check for rust is under the weather stripping for the targa top.
the sol i used to have had hardly any body rust, but had huge holes that leaked like a son of a bitch under the weather strip for the targa.
you should do yourself the favor and check,

June 26, 2010

Wowerz!! I just bought my first JDM accessory lol.

JDM del Sol maplights. They're minty clean!

SDC11328.jpg

All I need now is the 96-97 del Sol black door handles to set the look off right and they will look like this!

maps2.jpg

those are pretty cool, if i had a del sol i would want them too lol. i want to see the car after all the body work and with fresh paint. gonna be sick.

June 27, 2010

Sooo I traded my rims for LS Webs today :)

Some may think LS Webs suck, but personally I like them. I'm thinking of either painting them gold or just polishing them.

SDC11338.jpg

Don't mind the bodywork! Still have a few things left to fix before paint.

SDC11337.jpg

And a random pic I took while driving back home on the Turnpike....heh!

SDC11336.jpg

Love the webs. They look great in black. That's what color mine were.

June 29, 2010

Rust is a PITA!

Well my exhaust had a small hole in the resonator for sometime now. Over the past few days I've noticed that the sound got much louder than usual and I could smell fumes from inside the car sometimes. So today I came home from school and finally took a look and this is what i saw......

SDC11340.jpg

I had no clue it even got that worst. Well I'm like no problem, it's just a stinky stock exhaust and at least now I have a reason to throw on my new catback exhaust that's been sitting in my room for sometime now.

Then as I'm inspecting under the car for any other odd problems I see this :(

SDC11339.jpg

Looks like the bottom of the chassis or frame whatever you call it is starting to tear apart and rust. It's to much of a hassle and $$$ to fix all these rust problems so I'm just gonna buy another del Sol and take all the stuff I need from this one then part it out :(

I'm just going to drive it as-is now and by next month I should be shopping around for another one with lower mileage.

So no more progress on the Delly, however I'll still continue to update the thread with new parts I get. I plan on buying a few this weekend.

Back