93 del sol so confused please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ickes and sons

I have been on here for hours and am very confused! I have 93 del sol am putting a B18C Type R JDM motor. What engine harness do i need Motor is OBD 2 car is OBD 1 it had a D series engine, what ECU do i need and what needs done to it. What axles do i need ? I understand shifter and mounts, lost on other things. Thanks

when i did this in mine i just swapped the plugs on my del sol harness with the ones from the JDM harness that came with the engine

had to change the plugs for the injectors, distributor, and alternator

had to lengthen the wires for the O2 sensor and i think one or two other plugs

thats it

all it cost me was a little time, some solder, shrink tubing, and electrical tape... everything else i already had on the JDM harness that came with the engine

take your time and do it right and it will look factory

everything runs perfectly, running off of my chipped OBD-1 P28 with a custom map that mimics the stock ITR map
(had a modified skunk2 map on there before that also ran OK, but was WAYYYYY too rich)

for axles, (as long as you dont do a JDM 5 lug conversion that has 36mm hubs) you can run 3rd gen integra axles, or Del Sol VTEC axles, there are others i think but im not sure

the shift linkage HAS to be from a Del Sol VTEC... anything else will need to be modified and will probably not work right

for mounts i used the hasport kit because i wanted solid mounts... you can use a combination of OEM mounts, but i dont remember which ones they were

Last edited:
^^^ good info. I was contemplating this swap for a while but the B16 is good enough for now. $4,000 for a 98 spec in a car that ain't even worth that is jsut too much (for now) Trying to get into a newer home.

If you don't like to soder, you can get a USDM OBD2 GSR Engine Harness and everything will plug into your Engine Bay plugs. Or (if you have easy access and low cost) you can use a D16Z6 with a OBD1 DOHC VTEC alt, dizzy, injectors.

But a chipped OBD1 ECU with a Type R map is best IMO

Mounts the ITR ones will bolt right up and if you are paying top price....make the MnFers give you all the mounts (although all of your D series should work except the rear trans t-bracket mount which needs to be B series)

Back