93 del sol.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rene06gt

nb here looking for guidance to make a very good street car out of my 93 del sol.....new to the import world, i have a 06 mustang gt and its been completely redone for the most part. so i know a few things about cars in general, all i know about me new del sol is it is a 93 with a 1.5l motor non vtec, 5 speeds. i have considered a v8 swap but dont know if it will work and i cant weld so think thats out of the question. i want a solid car to drive daily but want a really quick car atleast mid 11s but really a 10 sec car that is more street friendly then my 06 gt with alot better fuel economy. a turbo is on the mind and or maybe nos. any ideas on the motor i may have? and where to go engine wise to make the pwr im looking for? thanks in advance for the help and info guys.

sorry to have to be the one to hit you with the reality stick
but....
a 10 second FWD car is not going to be a "street friendly", reliable, fuel efficient, daily driver

adjust your expectations
come up with a realistic goal
or figure out a different car to do it with

i know it wont be possible to get 20 mpg or anything with it but it cant be much worse then my gt that gets 10 mpg, if i ran 11s or maybe 12s all day with a turbo id be good and i would just add enough spray to get the rest for track days or whatever, ld like to go rear wheel drive anyways but i dont tink the cost is going to be to budget friendly, i want to stay @ 4 to 5k max in mods to make this happen. i know 12s should be possible but im not sure what the motor can hold on these cars......

ok, so i looked at a few utube videos and am seeing a j32 in a few, has anyone done this and how hard is it to swap to a obd2 to make this work? what im looking to do is a motor @ 300 or maybe a v8 in it but havent seen anyone complete this so dont know how possible it would be to do this and make it rear wheel drive.......

If you can't weld and fabricate, then you're not going to be able to drop a V8 in and convert this thing to rear or all wheel drive for 4-5k.

If your goal is to get better MPGs but still have a beastly car, then why not just leave the Del Sol stock and daily driver it? Sounds like your Mustang is pretty quick already. Just make that your weekend car and make the Del Sol your commuter. Or, leave it FWD and put a turbo kit and suspension on it. You could make 200 wheel horses and have a fun DD that still gets respectable mileage. It's a tiny car. It doesn't have to have a blown V8 with 500 horses to be fun...

ok, so i looked at a few utube videos and am seeing a j32 in a few, has anyone done this and how hard is it to swap to a obd2 to make this work? what im looking to do is a motor @ 300 or maybe a v8 in it but havent seen anyone complete this so dont know how possible it would be to do this and make it rear wheel drive.......

j32 is going to be costly for what you're getting out of it. I'd boost the D or get some sort of B and it'll be more fun than the J32. if you want it to be fun and handle well, also think about weight you're putting in the front of that already front heavy car.

sorry to have to be the one to hit you with the reality stick
but....
a 10 second FWD car is not going to be a "street friendly", reliable, fuel efficient, daily driver

adjust your expectations
come up with a realistic goal
or figure out a different car to do it with
I had to keep reading to see if that was a joke.
Made me think Torretto:rimshot:

Back