1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 dx 4dr d16z6 questions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by SRT-420, Jun 16, 2007.

1. SRT-420

SRT-420 New Member

Hey.. Names Mike... former ITR owner... Long time Honda Fan...
    Just looking for some more info that I couldn't find on this site... And I would like to thank all of you for the loads of other info I did find and put to good use..

But...

There are some things I am trying to figure out and I am pretty sure someone here might be able to help me out...

First of all the car is a 93 Civic dx 4dr that originally had a 1.5 auto and we are doing a d16z6 manual swap... Don't ask why cause I came into this build half way done..

Anyways... The throttle body on the new engine.. well the TPS sensor was smashed and well you can't get that sensor seperate... I am looking to find out if any other throttle bodys will work and whats needed to do it if it can.. I been reading and seeing alot about the edelbrok tb but buddy is not ready to spend alot of money...

Also I am trying to wire vtec... I have printed off something from this site for a b16a but I am finding it dificult to understand.. is it the same as wiring the d16 as is the b16???

And laslty...
    another buddy with a 93 dr b16a is looking for a vtec controller... any good ones or ones to stay away from...

2. SRT-420

SRT-420 New Member

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!

Actually never got any but I am STILL looking for info....

3. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

nearly all of the honda throttle bodys are interchangable, just take the one off the old engine if you wanna save money, just make sure to get a new throttle body gasket so you don't have any leaks.
    as far as the wiring, yes, vtec is vtec whether it's for a d series or a b series, this may help a bit: http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg
    Vtec controllers, I love apex-i, only because you can do alot more than just the vtec with it.

4. SRT-420

SRT-420 New Member

Thanks... Just to bad the old engine is gone.. Oh well.. I am looking at getting one off a early 90's teg.... I was told there may be a difference cause of bore... Is that true? And if so easiest way to get around that would be???

Hmm.. never thought of Apex-i.... sounds good.. give it shot...

5. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

I know there is a difference in bore, if it is off a b series it will definately be a larger bore, but it also may not fit, best way to tell is to try it out.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted