1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 Dx Sedan Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by wlfman__24, Apr 30, 2003.

1. wlfman__24

wlfman__24 Junior Member

Hey, I have a '93 DX Sedan with stock 1.5L w/ manual tranny. I'm a daily driver and am looking to up my HP to get out of the way and leave other drivers in my dust. I was wanting to put a B18 into it until a shop near me said something about it not fitting under my hood without some modifications to my hood, something to the affect that it would be too tall. Is that true? Any ideas of thoughts and help would be great. ;)

2. jason

jason Junior Member

u can shim the motor down, but that puts the oilpan/header closer to the ground. but if your not to low this wouldnt be a problem. or cut or notch the hood supports. or get a aftermarket hood.

3. wlfman__24

wlfman__24 Junior Member

:worthy: What type of clearence difference are we taling about only a few cmeters or are we talkink like 3 to 4 inch height increase?? I don't want to lower the engine in the car. Street in Texas are notorius for pot holes the size of VW Bugs and I already find myself rubbing from time to time.

4. Mech

Mech Banned

no more than 5 in., but that's still probably overdoing it, it's more like 2. If you have to cut the frame of the hood then I would say.. 2inches.

5. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

well, in the 2/3 dr models, you don't have to do anything to the hood, but i guess the hood has a little more slope to it on the sedan...
    we put a GSR into my buddy's CX, and althought you wouldn't knkow by looking, the hood fit fine

6. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

well, my friend put a b16a in his sedan without any mod's and i believe they sit a lil higher than a b18a, so it should fit fine. I have a b18a in a 1990 CRX Si and i got like an inch - 2 inches of clearance.

7. wlfman__24

wlfman__24 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I am going to go with the B18 A posibbly C, depending on price and avalibility in my area. Do you guys have any recomendations or opinions on either engine?

8. wlfman__24

wlfman__24 Junior Member

Your opinion does count.... :unsure: ...............

9. solblu

solblu Senior Member

If you put a B18B in it will clear fine. THe GSR head is a little taller and may have clearance issues. If you are not going to race, doesn't sound like you are, the LS swap is probably your best bet. You can turbo it later if you want more power and it responds very well to boost. The LS would be easier to swap in and cost a lot less than A GSR swap. You could spend the difference on upgrading suspension and brakes and have a good all around daily driver.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted