93 EG Si Hatch need front brake upgrade information...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trequartista_10

Junior Honda Builder
Ok here I 'm guys, a really newbie in this honda world, but I love it.

I'm looking a honest and generous guys to tell me what and how to upgrade my front brake for 93 EG Si hatchback and dont worry about the rear since i got the disc rear and dont want to upgrade it to lock my wheels up.

I'm tired of reasearching, i tried but no body's seems to be serious or sure about the upgrade, So basically if you really sure how to do it please please and please let me know what I need and how to do it.

But If you dont, please dont reply any because its a BRAKE conversion that influencing my life here. OK.

Please any senior in here that want to share some information to this junior about how to do the brake upgrade and what I need (please if you dont mind attach the yar of the model)

What I knew so far is GSR front caliper bolt on to the EG knuckle, is that right? But Is it gonna make any different on braking??

Is the Si knuckle and DX knuckle are the same?
What knuckle are the same as Si?

I dont really want to swap my knuckle, so what set up that can be done?? please let me know senior....

Thank you so much in advance and I really2 appreciate it....

Thanks....

Wish to all Honda and Acura builders have a wonderful day....

honestly
what are you looking at having as far as performance?
how much braking are you going to need?
how much money do you want to spend?
what size rim do you want to end up with?

I will be using GSR fat fives rims, with 15 inch diameter and +45mm offset.
budget, I dont really care though as long as its cheap and realiable.
ITR caliper will bolt on into EG Si?
Please help me out here guys.
Thanks

get some GSR front brakes and a (non ABS) GSR booster and master cylinder
throw in some braided lines and some good brake fluid (ATE super blue or Motul dot 4)
use Brembo blanks and Hawk pads (HP+ if you want maximum braking and dont care if they are noisy and make a mess, HPS if you want something that still has excellent braking but is not as messy and doesnt squeel and squeek like crazy)

that is a very good setup that wont cost you a ridiculous ammount of money but will provide more than enough braking for spirited road driving, and HPDE events (if you are going to be doing a lot of HPDEs get the HP+ pads)

Is GSR front brake kit fully bolt on into my knuckle and firewall?
Thanks for the advice so much...
Appreciate that....
Thanks

or just upgrade your stock rotors for some either slotted or cross drilled and slotted rotors. Maybe upgrade to a better brake pad.

slotting and cross drilling does not make your braking better

both reduce the friction surface of the rotor... less surface = less friction = less braking force
the only advantage that slots give you is a freshly shaved pad surfaceat all times, reducing the risk of glaze... newer pad materials do not glaze like old pads did, making slots all but useless
cross drilling, contrary to oppinion does not help cool the rotors, it only makes them lighter (at the cost of less braking friction) this is only important when you are running HUGE rotors

cross drilled and/or slotted rotors in stock size will do more harm than good... unless you only want to LOOK like you can stop fast

I ve been stood corrected. Thank you E. I have now been what it is called "schooled" in braking.

So E. you still have the answer for my question?
hehehe seems like you forgot aboit it.

Is GSR front brake kit fully bolt on into my knuckle and firewall?

Thanks..........

im a tad bit drunk at the moment.. but i will get back to you with an answer ;)

the rotors should be the same 10.3"
the GSR calipers should bolt to your stock brackets (the GSR calipers have a larger piston)
you can use civic brake lines lines
if you are keeping the stock booster use the MC from a 91 ex, it bolts right in (15/16" vs your stock 13/16")
if you are swapping to an integra booster then use the matching (non-ABS) MC, but you will have to re-bend a brake line

I think the rotor is different, my rotor is 9,5inch. So?
And what 91 EX? civic EX? sorry i didnt get it
Thanks for the information E
Appreciate it.
thanks

yeah civic EX

but you might be better off swapping out the entire assembly for the GSR stuff... im not sure if you can make the 10.3s work with the 9.5 assembly

you can find them pretty cheap, and it all bolts right up

i thought they were 10.2?

i have full gsr knuckles, brembo blanks, braided lines and hawk hps

very good stock setup for 95 civic

:thumbsup: on the setup... what are you running for fluid?

and 10.3 is the spec i was finding everywhere online... im not 100% on it

lol cool. actually i haven't got to 'run' it yet, just have it ready to go when my car's working again lol

How often do you flush it?

every 2 years (i generally need brakes by then anyway)

use the ATE TYP 200 when you flush yours... its the exact same shit as the "smurf jizz" but its amber, makes flushing nice and easy... flush it until the blue is clear amber and you are completely done :) then next time go back to the blue

Back