93 EG to GSR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper759

93 EG to GSR swap problems

I just got done installing my 96 GSR motor into my 93 bubble back, only problem is i got a bunch of connections on the driver side right by the brake booster with no where to plug them into. I also cant find where on the tranny to hook the shifter brace to.I also have some connectors on the right side engine bay with no matching plugs, can some one who has done this before give me an idea and some pics of their install?

Last edited:
the engine should have just plugged right in, but since you are having a problem, just use your old harness and change the injector plugs, get an obd1 distributor from 94-95 gsr to solve the crank angle and distributor wiring issue.

The engine harness plugs in just fine but i have left over plugs with no where to go.

Just use the old harness, it will make life so much easier, that is what i usually do then just run the vtec wires etc. use loom and stuff to make it look good.

Ok i got the old wire harness on now, but there is no hook up on the old harness for the map sensor. Can i use the stock gsr distributor ? it plugs in just fine. When i run the wire from the vtec slnd on the engine where in the ECU do i plug it?

ok, on the firewall on the civic there is a map sensor, just unplug the wires and plug them into the map sensor on the gsr engine. If for some reason you can't seem to find the map sensor, then look right by your fuel filter, it is there.
As far as the pinouts for the vtec, go here: http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg and follow the directions

Back