93 Gsr Trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA69

hi im trying to place a 93 gsr trans on my b18a1 ls motor. will this bolt on with no problems? (flywheel, clutch). if not what trans can i put on there without changing that stuff. i just bought a puck clutch so im not looking foward to buying another. thanx

If you are going to run a 93 GSR tranny on a 90-91 LS engine you have to go with the 93 clutch/pressure plate/flywheel. The input shaft and clutch disc are bigger for the 93 transmissions. The only trannys that will work without changing that are the 90-91 LS trannys.

so say a first gen b16a trans will not work on that or a b16a XSI, that would not work either. thanx i appreceate all of your help

It will work if you get the clutch setup and flywheel from a 92+ B series.

well could i take out the gears in my ls and place the gsr gears in there or maybe just the final drive setup. because thats all i really need from it.

I am not sure, this is a question I have been asking for a while and no one seems to know the answer. I imagine that you could use the gear package from the 93 GSR, but I don't know about the 94+ GSR or ITR.

well i have a 93 gsr trans and a 91 ls imusing. would a 1st gen(88-91) b16a clutch work with the 93 gsr trans? thanx for all of your help ls/tec

Back