93 h23 in my 90 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

i just took my b16 out of my 90 crx si, and dropped in a 93 h23. i bought the relocation mount kit so the engines in. im having a problem with my driver side front axle binding up. i took the axle shafts from my b16 so that it will still fit in the spindles and i took the tranny side of the axle off of the h23 axles. this is how i was told to do it, since i dont have the money to buy them from hasport. i know this works because a friend of mine did this same swap before he went to the military, can anyone tell me what i can do so it stops binding up?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

axleinstall-2.jpg

Jlicrx: I wonder if one could just put in some 1/8-3/16" alloy spacers to keep the dust seals in there.

E

no because the point of taking the seals out is to allow for the axle to fit in there..it makes it so the axle cant go all the way in..
also i doubt hes having trouble due to the dust shield..because he had a b16 in there before..try seeing if you pulled the cv joints out if you did goodluck its a bitch to get them back in.

i pulled the dust shield out but still cant get the axle to sit any further into the spindle. i took the cv joints apart and got them back together with a lil but of trouble but still cant figure it out. any ideas on why i cant get it to fit all the way into the spindle?:confused:

are they the axles you used from your b16?

try putting a little oil on them,push them in as far as you can then grab the spindle and jam it on..

the shafts and the end that goes through the spindle is from the b16 but the cv joint end that goes to the mid shaft and the tranny are from the h23 that i put on the b16 shafts.

hmmm..do the ends go in the spindle at all??
or were these the shafts you used on the b16??
might have to get DA axles

Back