1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93' hatch B16A swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ntenc1, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ntenc1

ntenc1 New Member

I was into the Honda scene years ago with my 97' GSR. I have wanted to get back in for sometime now. I'm an old fart now though and so out of date with things. So I have some questions. I just purchased a 93' Hatch with B16A swap. It has a cheap intake (AEM short) and some custom made exhuast. I was told it had SI tranny. I took it to the track and ran a 14.39. Now it's been a long time......but I know there is no way that the car should have ran that time on radial tires. I had a pretty much stock 97' GSR with just intake, ingnition, exhuast on radial tires an only ran 14.6 at like 94mph-96mph(Not really sure on MPH).

I know it's hard to say what a engine should run. I know it's always different, but does this sound right at all? I know on the block it has B16A. I guess my other question is what are other things to look at to tell what exacty I have in the car. JDM or US or what ever it (engine) came from? The guy I bought it from had the car a month and knows nothing about the car it was all done by the owner before him.

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

with a decent driver that sounds about right

3. ntenc1

ntenc1 New Member

Damn that's crazy! I learn the car better I prolly take close to another Sec or more off my time. I bought this car for $450. Running and all just the way it is now.

4. stevennn09

stevennn09 Member

good deal. hah might be rocking some stolen parts.

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If the stamp on the block just says "B16A" and nothing else (like "B16A2 or A3, etc.) then it's a JDM version, and is probably pushing 170 horses at the crank...

6. undapressure

undapressure New Member

yea it sounds right i have the same year hatch and motor b16 jdm with just intake and exaust and ran 14.2 14.3 14.4 all day long

7. undapressure

undapressure New Member

oh yea that was last year now shes boosted and runnin low 11s knocking on the 10s door

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted