1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 hatch, swapped, sohc vtec motor???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by emericazzz, Dec 22, 2003.

1. emericazzz

emericazzz Junior Member

Ok im buying a 93 hatch tomorrow, ive always been an ACURA kid, ive owned 3 so far, 90 ,92, 94, all ls/vtecs', ANYWAYS

i need to know what ef'n motor woulda sohc vtec in a 93-96 hatch swapped? sohc si>? but are they vtec? wtf? im lame on the sohc vtec game. just don't know...

aim: goodfknbye

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

dont really know what your trying to say but the only 92-95 hatch that has vtec is the SI and the VX. Stock they dont compair much to your lsvtec setups tho.

if you want to swap a vtec engine then you can do the same stuff as your other cars all those B series engines will fit

3. emericazzz

emericazzz Junior Member

what im saying is im buying the car and dont know what engine is, and i think what he might have said is it has a d16 engine w/ a sohc vtec head on it??! wtf...sorry if im not making sense, i dont know, what he did, but i know that. if so what the hell swap is that lol AND what yr head is it?

4. digitalhav0c

digitalhav0c Junior Member

si and the ex are vtec not vx. the sohc vtec head and non vtec block is the mini-me.

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Wrong. The VX does have VTEC, but it's VTEC-E and not really meant for performance.

Any 92-95 Civic made for the US market that has a D16 in it has the SOHC VTEC on it from the factory. The only 1.6L D block available in the States from 92-95 is the D16Z6, and that was only in the Si hatch and the EX sedan. If it's an Si hatch that you're looking at, that engine came stock.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted