1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 HB Cat location

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by adnoh, Aug 10, 2004.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Hey guys,

I get my new Magnaflow cat back system today and was wondering; since I have a B16A in my 93 DX HB, is the location of the Cat the same as stock? I have the stock DX ehaust on there right now and want to bolt up my new system to my stock cat (since I'm broke and have no money to upgrade). The new cat-back is a bolt on deal and I was wondering if I would have to modify anything to get it to fit properly, or will it bolt up like it's susposed to?

Thanks

2. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Anyone??

and an additional Q:
    Will the catback system bolt right up to my stock cat using the same three skrews??

3. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

I had an hks catback on my hatch and the cat that came with the full exhaust was 1/2 as big as my stock cat. So i am not sure about yours but i figured id give a little input on what happened to me. And i don not know what you mean by 3 bolts? Your cat has 2 screws. Do you mean the pipe that comes from your exhaust manifold? That has 3 screws but you dont have to remove that you will be fine just unbolting your cat.

4. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Ok sorry for the vague description.

I have the stock B16A Exhaust manifold....then the stock DX cat converter, after that the flex joint with.....your right...two bolts....the piping....THEN there are a few connections with three bolts......Ok that sounds better!

My question was:
    I just got the Magnaflow cat back system for my 93 Hatch and was wondering....
    1) Does the B16 exhaust manifold place the cat any further from it's stock location....either further back or forward making my new exhaust fit badly? Or is it in the exact same place as stock?
    2) Since my catback system is all stainless 2 1/4" piping, I'm guessing it's not going to bolt right up to my stock DX cat right? Would I have to modify the cat and weld on the pipe instead of just bolting it on? Also add a flange?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted