93 integra b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

85crxhf2si

what are some test to see why this 93 teg will not fire?

i've followed the haynes manual for the car, all of its checks seem to be ok.

the plugs are fine, the wires are ok. the distributor cap and rotor are fine, I checked the coil, it checks ok. power is on all the wires inside the distributor that is should have power. the haynes book says, it may need a new ignitor? is that the little white chip inside the cap with about 4 wires on it? could it be bad? doesn't the crank angle, cam angle sensor tell the coil when to fire? in this car, its built into the dizzy. how can i check for a good signal from these or maybe it's just one sensor?

car has plenty of fuel, just no spark at all, good hot battery, it turns over very fast.

jeeze, over a week and no replies??

are you guru's clammed up on info or clueless??

i thought i would ask the honda experts. guess i'll have to research further, or trial and error method. or process of elemination.

well, still, any insight or info would be very much welcome with much gratitude....

wish me luck...

Quoted post[/post]]
jeeze, over a week and no replies??

are you guru's clammed up on info or clueless??

i thought i would ask the honda experts. guess i'll have to research further, or trial and error method. or process of elemination.

well, still, any insight or info would be very much welcome with much gratitude....

wish me luck...
You kinda answered your own question in the first post.
Could it be the ignitor? sure.
Would it best to find another Distributor to test with first? Yep... call a friend or visit a junkyard.
Sometimes people will put the rotor screw on wrong (not far enough) and the end of the screw will hit the Crank angle sensor and mess up your spark/timing.

If it cranks but doesn't fire up it might be that little module in the dizzy. I had a similar problem and found that it was that. You can find it at a Napa autoparts store for like 35 bucks or so. Hopefully that helps.

Back