93 Integra W/ 135,000 Miles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichatch33

I just bought a 93 Integra w/ 135,000 miles on it. Is that too many miles to start building up the engine? Will there be a signifigant horsepower loss with that many miles? If so should I rebuild the engine or put on a B18c1 Head?

ummmm i was talking about the engine .... it doesnt matter if the body and interior are mint if the engine was beat on or not maintained well (10k mile oil changes, over reved etc...)

oh, I know. But anyway, it drives smoothly and there weren't and still aren't any mechanical problems with the engine. It all runs pretty well but I haven't dynoed it or anything to know what I'm running.

Heck no that not to many miles i have a 90 integra with 137000 now i have spun out three diffs. but thats my fault. if it just a car that you plan to work on it is pefrect but if you plan to go staight to the track you screwed. go for it but keep the oil in her and stomp on thAT SHIZAT

i bought a 93 integra rs w/220### miles, still runs great until we ripped the engine out.. the interior was shit... looked like the lady had made an fish tank out of the spare tire compt., there was mud, dead fish and bugs in there.. phooking weird.. but the rest was in good shape.. i got pics of all the crap

Okay...with that many miles you should have atleast a record of the timing belt change. I have a 92 GS-R and I had the timing belt changed just in case. It was some money but hell, better safe than sorry. My GS-R is great and I just have a few minor repairs to do on it. But as always, if you want the best out of it... Start with the basics. Use full synthetic instead of convential motor oil. Use 91+ octane and just have the basics covered. That is my suggestions before really doing any work with it. And always run synthetic oil... Guarantee power gains and/or increase mpg. When I say basics---it includes: all the fluids replaced, leaks checked, spark plugs, tire pressure...just do a full tune up to ensure that nothing is wrong.

That is all I can say.

PSI
92 GS-R
89 DX Civic Hatch

well, what kind of mods were you thinking of doing to it? simple i/h/e and it doesnt matter how many miles you got. if you do anything else to it, i would suggest getting an engine overhaul...175,000 miles means that the motor has gone through A LOT of stress already and a turbo or nos or any other high horsepower modifications will just cause it to break down in a few months...

probably should have done this before you bought the car but,
get a compression test on all the cylinders, check carfax, pull the plugs and check for the color on them. They should be nice and tan colored. Next time you change your oil get an oil analysis done. Get the fluids changed, transmission, etc. Ask when the timing belt was changed.
btw synthetic protects better than conventional. At the same weight they flow much better. They have a higher detergent content and will actually clean your car of oil sludge. Thats why some high mileage cars develop leaks after switching to synthetic.
Jes

Back