93 integra wiring question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_EF_Hatch

Señor Member
Will my harness and ecu work with the b18b1 without modification? I plan on using the tranny it already has.

What is the ecu? if its stock for the ef hatch it probably the pm5? which will work fine with the b18b. I know because its what runs mine in my 89 hatch. if your talking about using the stock ecu and harness for the hatch with the b18, I believe you can do it but your gonna need to get an obd0 distributor for it off of a b18a. as far as the tranny. are you using the tranny that the ls has? if its 5speed cable tranny then yes it will all work fine. If its an automatic and your hatch wasn't an auto to begin with your gonna need a whole new harness to make it work right. My 89 came with a b18b with an auto tranny and nothing works right because the hatch was originally a 5speed and the plugs for an auto dont exist on that harness. So i'm changing it to a b18a with a 5speed. just to keep it all obd0

So forget that whole thing i just wrote you. i got like 5 computers with my car and i got mixed up as to what was in it. Currently i use a pr4 with my swap. The pr4 came in the 90-91 integra ls/gs. if you have the pm5, aka if you have the dpfi motor your computer will not work. i would suggest the pr4 and then get an obd0 distributor (b18a distributor yes it will fit), I'm not completely sure if your stock harness will work with a b series or not. I did not originally do the swap in my car so i am still figuring it all out. Sorry about my mistype before. just got my computers mixed up.

You say 93 integra so are you trying to put a b1 into your 93 teg or are you trying to put an ls into a hatch? As I understand it you are wondering if there is any difference when swapping the b1 into your 93 teg which originally had an a1 motor. All you need to do is retain the harness, tranny, dizzy, ecu, and injectors off the old motor. You can use the newer intake manifold if you want but you'll need to move some vacuum lines around.

Thanks for the help d16 but I was actually able to find an a1 so this should be easy.

But as I was disconnecting everything in preparation I noticed that a plug towards the back righ on the wiring harness wasn't pluged in to anything. The original motor had some idling issues before so I'm lookin for anything unusual in the wiring to make sure that it's not the issue. I'll try to upload a pic when I can but does that sound normal to anyone?

I have replaced the Ignition Control Module, Rotor, and the Ignition coil. I have the voltage going into the distributor, but no spark .......

Could someone shed some light on the situation? im about to just tow my car up to a shop and have them finish it, but i would love to get it done myself. I just dont have the time to waste messing around, ive been at this swap for almost a month now. help?

Back