93 Lude 4WS Si (VTEC conversion)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JLG

Okay, I tried searching for my answers but the search engine seems to not be responding the way I had wished, so I have a few bothersome questions that need answering...

1. What is the compression ratio of an H23 with H22 VTEC head (93-96 H22A1, 97-02 H22A4, H22 Type-S)?

2. Can I wire my ECU to run VTEC? If not it doesn't matter, cuz I plan on buying the P13 and harnesses if not. And no, I am definately not planning on running a V-AFC, or an RPM activator switch for that matter. Those are not options in my book.

3. Can an H23A1 header fit onto the VTEC head, or vice versa for that matter?

4. Is the dual-plane manifold that is currently on my H23 fit on the H22 head?

5. Will there be any problems between the H23 throttle body and ECU? (I assume all Ludes 92 and up have sruise but i'm not possitive)

6. Can an H23 Crankshaft drop onto the main journals of the H22 block and be bolted down fine?

7. Are the deck heights different between the H22 and H23?

8. How much harness modification is required to run a peak-and-hold injector (5th gen lude) from my OBD-1 (saturated type) harness?

9. I would like to find the 97-01 Prelude non-SH Jackson Racing supercharger, what modifications must I make to get the sucker to run good, and fit in the lude?

I guess that's all for now. I prefer someone with experience in these fields instead of "he says, they said". I have had all my questions answered 30 times by people who have give me this kind of stuff, so I am depending on the H22uru's out the to help a fellow luder out, and I appreciate it!

Originally posted by JLG@Nov 16 2004, 01:46 AM
Okay, I tried searching for my answers but the search engine seems to not be responding the way I had wished, so I have a few bothersome questions that need answering...

1. What is the compression ratio of an H23 with H22 VTEC head (93-96 H22A1, 97-02 H22A4, H22 Type-S)?

2. Can I wire my ECU to run VTEC? If not it doesn't matter, cuz I plan on buying the P13 and harnesses if not. And no, I am definately not planning on running a V-AFC, or an RPM activator switch for that matter. Those are not options in my book.

3. Can an H23A1 header fit onto the VTEC head, or vice versa for that matter?

4. Is the dual-plane manifold that is currently on my H23 fit on the H22 head?

5. Will there be any problems between the H23 throttle body and ECU? (I assume all Ludes 92 and up have sruise but i'm not possitive)

6. Can an H23 Crankshaft drop onto the main journals of the H22 block and be bolted down fine?

7. Are the deck heights different between the H22 and H23?

8. How much harness modification is required to run a peak-and-hold injector (5th gen lude) from my OBD-1 (saturated type) harness?

9. I would like to find the 97-01 Prelude non-SH Jackson Racing supercharger, what modifications must I make to get the sucker to run good, and fit in the lude?

I guess that's all for now. I prefer someone with experience in these fields instead of "he says, they said". I have had all my questions answered 30 times by people who have give me this kind of stuff, so I am depending on the H22uru's out the to help a fellow luder out, and I appreciate it!
[post=417538]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll give you as many straight up answers as I can. Read the articles and reference materials on this site when you get the chance.

1 No clue, but the math is there if you look up the formulas and calculate. Probably somewhere between 10:1 and 11:1.
2 no
3 no
4 I believe so, but not sure.
5 not sure what you mean, especially "sruise"
6 + 7 There is an article about this. I believe the only difference is the bore size.
8 Dunno, most people don't rewire them. If you have the wrong OBD, then either the engine or the harness is converted. Most people don't try the hard way.
9 Check into hondata and uberdata. Your fuel, air, and timing should be adjusted to very stringent specs, and tuned accordingly. check out PGMFI.org
10 Why mess with a good thing? An H23 hybrid is fine, but more expensive than a JDM H22. If you wanna boost, then have the H22 built. If you want more displacement, have it built and bored. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, then buy a JDM H22, and run a light boost setup(turbo).

Good luck.

i agree with tab, and i own a h22/h23 hybrid. my swap is never ending and expensive. you can look at my engine and tell i've spent alot of money tho. in the end just get a regular h22a4 (if you want obd2) get it port and polished and get that thing a jackson racing supercharger and have fun

well, he did answer the more important of my questions. I might just go the shorter, more traveled, and less expensive route and just turbo the damn thing. This will cut down the hassle by quite a bit. I'm not exactly doing the H23 VTEC just yet. I'm going to put the 22 in and have the harder stuff out of the way. I will then build up my 23 block whilst the 22 is in my car. Then swap the 23 back in with a the 22 head and I'm done. Plus it wouldn't matter about OBDII, cuz Ill just use the 92-95 ECU and intake manifold. I'd say I'm pretty much set on my way, but just in case, I'll keep checkin up on this forum. I thank you tab.

Back