1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 lude SOHC swap

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ludekojo, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

My question is will a f23a1 swap into a 93 prelude. I want to swap out my existing SOHC. Any advice?

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

I'm pretty sure it's a direct bolt in.

3. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

Know here is my other question? I got the motor in and it did bolt right up but I am having a running problem. At about 3500rpms it starts to spit and back fire. The car is also running extremely rich, and no cel codes. I thought this should have been simple.

4. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

What ECU are you using?

5. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

I had a chipped p08 and also tried usng a pp28 and a p14. I know the p14 is not a vtec computer but was just grassping at straws. There is know diffrence between those computers.

6. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why don't you try using the ECU that actually goes with the motor? Or using one that's chipped and programmed to run that particular motor? Honda ECUs aren't magical, they won't just run any motor you put them on.

On a side note, what was the point of this swap to begin with? The only reason I see to do something like this is because you got the F23 for cheap and your stock engine was blown. Otherwise, you're making things way too complicated for a very minimal power gain...

8. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

The old engine was wore out and I got a F23 for only 200, and it was a direct bolt in. I am running a chipped p08. The car should run normal or maybe a little lean on a p08 but it doesnt. In fact it went threw 2 gallons of gas sitting in the driveway tring to figure out what is wrong. Do obd1 injectors go bad if so how can i tell also I am running a walbro fuel pump. Any known problems with the regulators.

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Are you still using the engine's original accessories, or did you swap them to OBD1?

10. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

Everything is obd1 except for the iacv and I have it blocked off. The car idles fine when warm. Is there any sensors on the f23 that I need to change. I have already changed the ingectors to obd1 and the map sensor and tps. I am talking about burn your eyes rich

11. ludekojo

ludekojo New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted