1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 teg swapping to b18c jdm.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 93tigger, Aug 28, 2010.

1. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Hello fello honda people, im new to this forum and liking what I see. I am not how ever new to hondas, been a long time fan of the ek5's and ek9's, as well as anything type r. Any who, ive had my 93 teg for about 3 years now. Long story short, I broke the tb and bent some valves, so yeah, I have my b18c on order and comes in 3 days via upsfreight. I plan on using the ys1 tranny with the gsr motor, and yes I know the ys1 have tall gears but I will using this car mostly for daily driving. I do know most of the requirements to do the swap, im just confused on some things.
    First question: I know you match the clutch to the trans, but do you match the flywheel to the motor or trans?
    Second Q: On the ecu, i will running everything stock, except i/h/e. Do i need to run a p72 for the dual stage intakes to work? or will another ecu work?
    Third Q:Will the stock exhaust work with the b18c or will I have to mod/replace?

As soon as I get my 15 posts I will being doing a build thread with pictures. Well thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

2. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Anybody?

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

B series flywheel is a B series flywheel.

Use the GSR ECU

It will work, but it would be happier if it could breathe better.

:)

4. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Thanks man, im deff going to get a better header and exhaust its just im trying to do a legit swap in CA, so after I do that im gonna change it out for CARB legal ones. I will post pictures once I get my 15 posts. :)))

And one more thing, is the GSR ecu a p72 or p28?

5. xj0hnx

6. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

With the motor mounts, which ones will I need? Sorry if I seem noobish, just never done one if these swaps yet.
    thanks, chris

7. xj0hnx

8. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

That gives me nothing, ive tryed the search bar but nothing comes up for my car and the type of motor im putting in. Anybody?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted