93 vx GSR swap...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DragEvolution

Hey guys i am new to the site, did a search for swap instructions and this site came up so here i am. Anyway, i just picked up a 96 GSR motor for the Civic. I have no experience with swaps so should i just have it done, or is it possible? If i were to do it, how diverse is the wiring layout, and is there any common mistakes i should avoid? I know these are stupid questions, but bare with me. Thanx.

more details. year civic?
obd0 obd1 obd2

real easy as far as motor swaps go

but still a big job that needs to be thought through and planed out

find some one locally and pick there brain. do a little research and if you still want to do it this site will help allot.

search through some of the old posts and common questions.

mounts
shift linkage
axles
ECU
engine hoist
Misc. hoses shit like that

i did m own for the first time, took a week working on it part time.

if i did it again it would take like 24 hours.

I’m glad i did my own swap though

Thanks bro, I just wanna do it myself for the experience. I am not sure what obd means. I have been working on a Z24 cavalier for the past 4 yrs so i am not familiar with the civic terms and what not. I have swaped a few LD9 engines into the cavi so i am hoping the civic is familiar. We'll see once i got the engine out.

OBD = On Board Diagnostics, your car 93 VX is a teir 1, or OBD I, your 96 GSR motor is teir II, or OBD II. Some of the plugs are different in the wiring harness and you will have to address that, but you can use a backdated (94-95) ECU to run it.

Back