93gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

aight first of all, everytime i ask somebody what mounts to use they say a combination of my 92 d15z1 mounts out of a vx hatchback and the ones off of the b17a1 93 gsr motor i have will work...that is wrong, the only one that works is the mount on the drivers side, the passenger side mount makes the engine sit lower on that side than on the driver side, i know i will need to change this one, and the rear one is all screwed up, i bought a b-series conversion one but its still wrong its retarded, plus, ive been told both my car and the b17a1 are both OBD1, ok.....so what if they are, why does that mean it will work, what does the obd have to do with it...ive got the haynes manual for both my civic and the b17 and the wiring seems somewhat similar, but i do have to wire in a knock sensor which i have no idea how to do, and the vss seems a little odd according to the wiring diagram the vss on the b17 is in the distributor and on my civic the wiring diagram just says that its a black wire...a black wire...by itself, this junk is driving me crazy, if anyone in here has ever done this swap before plz let me know why this junk isnt working like everyone said it would...thanks

Back