94-01 Teg Springs/Shocks, will they fit in my EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I think it might be a good idea because the car is carrying a motor now that is 75 lbs heavier than the D15 that was in there before. Kinda like what people do when they put a H22 in an EG. I'm looking to get brand new performance shocks/springs in the very near future, but before I go ahead and buy them I wanted to see if this might be a good idea. Especially since it's really hard to find new springs/shocks for a Civic Si-R II. And I can't read Japanese to search their automotive parts sites.

You can't put integra shocks in your civic, but Teg springs will fit in your Civic.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 23 2005, 11:48 PM
You can't put integra shocks in your civic, but Teg springs will fit in your Civic.
[post=559633]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not....? All my suspension is from an integra....Its all the same shabbang..
You can use everything from an integra, even the exhaust system....I know that for a fact.....

Originally posted by Estorvito+Sep 23 2005, 08:53 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 23 2005, 11:48 PM

Why not....? All my suspension is from an integra....Its all the same shabbang..
You can use everything from an integra, even the exhaust system....I know that for a fact.....
[post=559636]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe it's just that you can't use EK shocks in an EG. I know for a fact that those don't interchange.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Sep 24 2005, 05:56 AM-->
Originally posted by Estorvito@Sep 23 2005, 08:53 PM
Battle Pope
@Sep 23 2005, 11:48 PM

[post=559636]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe it's just that you can't use EK shocks in an EG. I know for a fact that those don't interchange.
[post=559659]Quoted post[/post]​

EK's, ITR's, and JDM EG6's all have different shock mounts than US EH/EG's. The ITRs and EG6's have thelower piece that goes into the LCAs and the bolt goes LCA/shock/LCA. The EK has the same style as the EG, just bigger bushings. If you want to use EK specific shocks on a EG/EH you have to trim the bushings. If you want to use EG/EH shocks on a EK, you have to use about a 3mm or 4mm spacer to fill the gap. If you want to use ITR or EG6 on a US EG/EH, you need to replace the LCAs to teh appropriate ones.

Back