94 accord 2.2 non vtec to vtec swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Russell22B

hey guys i bought a 94 accord with a 2.2 non vtec and the block was cracked so i got my mechanic to find me a 2.2 vtec to swap with. we got the complete motor and the ecu.. am i gonna need anything else because it should bolt right up to my 5 speed stick and motor mounts right? thanks for ur help

-Russell

yep, should be a direct bolt in... next time search before you post. this has been covered millions of times.

If you use the vtec engine harness itll plug in at the shock tower plugs, then youll on ly have to run your vtec wiring from the shock tower to the ecu. Alot cleaner this way.

Hey!
I have a quick question..I have been searching on the internet all day & cant find it.
I have a 1999 Honda Accord that needs a new tranny.
I just want to know if a 2000 tranny will fit a 99? Or if there has been any big changes to the 2000 tranny to make it not fit.
Ive been getting conflicting information & dont know who to believe anymore.. Ive been told it wont fit & it will...Is there really any difference in 99 & 00 ?
Thank you :)

Hey!
I have a quick question..I have been searching on the internet all day & cant find it.
I have a 1999 Honda Accord that needs a new tranny.
I just want to know if a 2000 tranny will fit a 99? Or if there has been any big changes to the 2000 tranny to make it not fit.
Ive been getting conflicting information & dont know who to believe anymore.. Ive been told it wont fit & it will...Is there really any difference in 99 & 00 ?
Thank you :)

Welcome to Hondaswap! Click the new topic button though if you want to discuss something new, this thread is about one topic and you're attempting to discuss a completely different one. A moderator will probably move it, no harm, but by all means start a new topic :)

To answer your question, the transmissions should be the same, assuming they are both attached to the same engine, not I-4 and V6. Those are not compatible, hell they aren't even on the same side of the car. Other than that there was no change between those years.

Back